[Merged] xEnviro

BrianCoyote

I believe I may have found a conflict between the IXEG 737 and xEnviro.

Unfortunately, the log files for all plugins and programs are inconclusive as to what is exactly causing CTDs. No mentions of xEnviro, Gizmo, or anything else for that matter. Although, the crashes only occurred with the IXEG and xEnviro together. This is going to take me a day or two, but I will be running a series of tests with the IXEG 737, xEnviro, and other aircraft to determine the problems (hopefully). After several tests tonight, I can confirm 'Draw Vortices' did not effect whether or not there was a CTD with the IXEG despite the fact that Draw Vortices does change the visual detail.

Here is a collection of data I made after performing 3 exclusive tests in X-Plane 10 with xEnviro

The following tests were conducted by loading to a new airport aprox every 1 minute

Test 1
IXEG 737 + xEnviro + DRAW VORTICES ON
-
CTD?: YES
Time elapsed (from start to CTD): 6m59s

Test 2
IXEG 737 +  xEnviro + DRAW VORTICES OFF
-
CTD?: YES
Time elapsed (from start to CTD): 2m09s

Test 3
Default C172 + xEnviro
-
CTD? NO
Time Elapsed (From start to END) 15m00s
-
At 15m00s the aircraft type was changed to IXEG 737 (Draw Vortices OFF)
-
CTD? YES
Time Elapsed (From 15m00s to CTD) 2m47s

Test 4

Rotate MD-80 + xEnviro

-

CTD? No

Time Elapsed: 15m02s

Please note!!

Neither IXEG, X-Aviation, or even xEnviro are directly responsible for these crashes. These are coincidental and simply mean the two addons are POSSIBLY butting heads.

Edited by BrianCoyote
  • Upvote 2

Thank you for the report.

The IXEG product does a -lot- of it's own custom OpenGL work for all the avionics systems as well as effects.

Mixing this with another plugin that also does it's own custom OpenGL can sometimes push the driver stack beyonds its limits.

I have some ideas for Gizmo debug tools that might help us track this stuff down.. as well as the usual progress and bug fixes.

So far this issue seems rare-to-moderate... there are definitely glitches for some users when they're mixed together.

Your patience and neutrality is very much appreciated.

56 minutes ago, BrianCoyote said:

I believe I may have found a conflict between the IXEG 737 and xEnviro.

Unfortunately, the log files for all plugins and programs are inconclusive as to what is exactly causing CTDs. No mentions of xEnviro, Gizmo, or anything else for that matter. Although, the crashes only occurred with the IXEG and xEnviro together. This is going to take me a day or two, but I will be running a series of tests with the IXEG 737, xEnviro, and other aircraft to determine the problems (hopefully). After several tests tonight, I can confirm 'Draw Vortices' did not effect whether or not there was a CTD with the IXEG despite the fact that Draw Vortices does change the visual detail.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately. I have always CTDs when I use IXEG and xE. The time is different, sometime 20min, sometime 1h, but it's every flight/attempt. With the others airplanes  without problems.

But as my colleague writes above. "Unfortunately, the log files for all plugins and programs are inconclusive as to what is exactly causing CTDs"

Win10 Home 64bit, X-Plane 10.51.

Regards

Edited by letec

7 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

So far this issue seems rare-to-moderate... there are definitely glitches for some users when they're mixed together.

Absolutely. Are the gauges being re-rendered at multiple stages of flight/time (or maybe the gauge reflections are real time?) The crashes occurred at initialization during the tests yet I also experienced the same crashes at random times. I think a solid test we could run is to disable the rendering of gauge reflections and see what happens then. Then move on from there.

7 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Your patience and neutrality is very much appreciated.

100%. Nothing makes things more difficult (and annoying) than those who point fingers and start drama. Programming is a world where so much can go wrong over the dumbest little things that it'd be foolish to blame anyone for specific problems.

Edited by BrianCoyote

I also experience a crash in XP11 with this combo, maybe 1 out of every 5 flights. Nothing in either log to indicate a crash, just boom to desktop. Here is the only output of the crash, and as Ben indicates it looks to be an Nvidia driver issue. Submitted 2 screenshots so you can see the whole message in the box.

error1.jpgerror2.jpg

Edited by Muskoka

Hello, I also have CTDs but didn't experience them with the IXEG ( I may not have used it enough to have them), I have XEnviro, yes, but I have CTDs when using the Saab340 (which is also a Gizmo plane) on Plane 10, I haven't had CTDs so far with the Ixeg on Plane 11 and Xenviro. I guess the issue is more with the couple Gizmo/Xenviro rather than the planes.

Also I have no particular action going on the Log.txt or Gizmolog.txt, but it seems by looking at XEnviro log it happens when XEnviro is fetching weather, the action ending by loading of environmental sounds.

It seems that it crash at this moment,

My guess would be that the custom sound engines used by LES and X-enviro are conflicting and I guess in your case the Ixeg sound engine with Xenviro. I don't know if it is Gizmo related but only Gizmo planes on my setup have this issue...

• Upvote 2

I'll do a flight tomorrow with the saab as soon as I get back from work and post the logs here maybe there's something hardware related... 

here are the files, the crash occured as soon as I deactivated xenviro from the menu and reactivated it .  

note that I had a bug where the engines wouldn't start at first, reloaded the plane then it would start oK

Log.txt

xEnviroLog.txt

GizmoLog.txt

the xenviro log is greenwich time, so you add one hour ti have local time is you need to.

first batch of files was with the saab, 

second one is with the ixeg : 

Log.txt

xEnviroLog.txt

GizmoLog.txt

I did get an immediate crash by disabling and re enabling xenviro... 

Edited by Tchou

On 1/26/2017 at 5:34 AM, Tchou said:

Hello, I also have CTDs but didn't experience them with the IXEG ( I may not have used it enough to have them), I have XEnviro, yes, but I have CTDs when using the Saab340 (which is also a Gizmo plane) on Plane 10, I haven't had CTDs so far with the Ixeg on Plane 11 and Xenviro. I guess the issue is more with the couple Gizmo/Xenviro rather than the planes.

Also I have no particular action going on the Log.txt or Gizmolog.txt, but it seems by looking at XEnviro log it happens when XEnviro is fetching weather, the action ending by loading of environmental sounds.

It seems that it crash at this moment,

My guess would be that the custom sound engines used by LES and X-enviro are conflicting and I guess in your case the Ixeg sound engine with Xenviro. I don't know if it is Gizmo related but only Gizmo planes on my setup have this issue...

I will conduct some tests right now

On 1/26/2017 at 10:13 AM, Ben Russell said:

Thanks for the info.

I will report to you if I come up with a solid link between xEnviro and Gizmo (I only have IXEG so I cant test the SAAB

I will report to you if I come up with a solid link between xEnviro and Gizmo (I only have IXEG so I cant test the SAAB

any news? I have the IXEG 737 and I was considering buying Xenviro but I first want to make sure I can use it with the 737...

Thanks,

Roberto

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

I too was having crashes with the 737 and xEnviro.  I have found that disabling the post processing option in xEnviro has solved the crashes, at least for me.  I had a route where I could reproduce a crash every single time at the same spot and now I can fly the whole route without issue.  Hope this helps other people.

7 minutes ago, deimos256 said:

I too was having crashes with the 737 and xEnviro.  I have found that disabling the post processing option in xEnviro has solved the crashes, at least for me.  I had a route where I could reproduce a crash every single time at the same spot and now I can fly the whole route without issue.  Hope this helps other people.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Given the thousands of possible hardware configs and options settings you can imagine how time intensive it would be for me to try and figure something like this out.

I have little choice but to sit back and wait for the dust to settle, the patterns that emerge show us the true scale of any problems.

Thanks again for the info. I'll be sure to pass it on to our users as needed.

Hi, I'm submitting a crash report here given that it's happening only with the combo IXEG 737 + XEnviro. It's already the third crash I'm experiencing, I thought the first two would occur randomly but then I saw this topic so I decided to post here my reps for your further investigation cause I apparently can't see any connections. Thanks.

cris

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

xEnviroLog.txt

IXEG_FMS_debug.txt

crash_report_02_05_2017_12_00_15.rpt

I have only had this type of crash when I load up the 733 with xEnviro loaded and I change livery, move the plane via the location menu or try and do a Gizmo reset. If I turn off XE then do what I need to do and turn it back on while preflighting I don't have issues. Haven;t had a single CTD while flying for what it's worth.

16 hours ago, crisk73 said:

Hi, I'm submitting a crash report here given that it's happening only with the combo IXEG 737 + XEnviro. It's already the third crash I'm experiencing, I thought the first two would occur randomly but then I saw this topic so I decided to post here my reps for your further investigation cause I apparently can't see any connections. Thanks.

cris

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

xEnviroLog.txt

IXEG_FMS_debug.txt

crash_report_02_05_2017_12_00_15.rpt

Have you tested a flight with Post Processing turned off in xEnviro?  Ever since I turned it off I can't produce a crash no matter how hard i try.

I had CTD many times but I thought it was more a XP11 issue due to the fact that it is still in beta... but after reading this post I guess it can be something else! Well of course I use IXEG and X-Enviro... I have post processing on and I will now try to turn it off and see what happens. The CTD happened to me when resetting the IXEG via console, when changing livery and usually every third ot fourth flight (if I dont have a CTD when resetting the IXEG - most of the time hte FMC doesnt reset so I have to do a reset via console). Also when I change the plane from Cold and dark to ready to fly I have a CTD but curiously, not the opposite wayy, from engines running to cold and dark.

Hope you guys will fix this problems as soon as you can... we all put our trust in you!!! And we all support you forthe great plugins you brought in the xplane world!!!

Stefano

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys,

I had a crash to desktop today on a flight from LDZD to EDDM, short before turning to final approach. I don't need to mention that this is especially frustrating because you cannot save the flight situation with this otherwise wonderful plane. I don't know who is the culprit, X-Plane, xEnviro or the IXEG 737. If it's xEnviro or x-plane then it would be the first time that these programs crash. Suspicious is that at the exact time xEnviro begins downloading the weather the crash occures (see logfile, last entry). Could be by chance? However, being able to reload the situation and finish the flight would be a wonderful thing.

Logfiles: attached
XP-Version: 11.02r2 (build 110202 64-bit)
IXEG 737 Version: 1.2 (for xp11)

Tom

crashLogs.zip

Edited by Morten