IXEG v1.2 in XP11 Autothrottle Operation?

Hi guys...

Prior to v1.2, I would turn the A/T switch on, lineup on the runway, and when the time is right I would advance my throttles forward and hit the N1 button once going past 40% N1. However, on the past three takeoffs in v1.2, the N1 button disengages somewhere along the takeoff roll. If you click on the link below and fast forward to 1:01:30, you'll see what I mean. In this video, you'll even see that the throttle position indicator outline appears simultaneously to the N1 button deselecting itself.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, unless there is a bug. Thank you for any tips and suggestions.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158871578

You should use the TOGA button on the throttle (or better: map sim/engines/TOGA_power to the joystick) for takeoff not N1.

Furthermore, once your airspeed is beyond 80 knots the AT will enter THR HOLD (see top of the EADI) and not move the throttle further to not interfere with manual adjustments in the critical phase of the takeoff.

So if you accelerate too much before engaging TOGA, the AT won't be able to move the throttle to the full setting - you can of course adjust the throttle manually after that.

Edited by mfor

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Torbinator said:

Thank you, that is working better for me. Basically I'm letting N1 reach 40%, hitting my programmed key for Engage TOGA, then moving my physical throttle to the forward limit. Simulated throttle sets itself on the programmed takeoff thrust setting.

That is the recommended (and most realistic) way.

Jan