IXEG PFPX and Topcat

Xiropillo

Good morning everyone.

I have search in the forum but any of the solutions is working for me actually. 

How do you manage to get a coroute flight plan working for IXEG using PFPX? The airbus solution says file format not supported and xplane format .fms is not working.

In case that PFPX is still compatible, do you have any template for both PFPX and Topcat tools? 

Thanks very much and sorry if post is dupe but I didn't find anything working now.

Xiropillo

• 2 months later...

Making a coroute is actually not possible with PFPX.

One solution is to copy and paste your flight plan in your windows notepad and name your file as a *.fpl file, not a *.text file.

Be aware that you have the departure and arrival airports OACI codes in th FLP and no SID or STAR names.

See an example with the attached fileEBBREGGW.fpl, just open it with your notepad

• 1 month later...

This is a disappointing, yesterday I bought the plane and on the product description page it is well highlighted that you can use both Navigraph and PFPX, which is a matter of choice for everyone. And now it turns out that's not true? Anyway, I will enjoy the many impressive features of the IXEG 737 and hopefully they will soon provide a solution to this.

Gerard

9 hours ago, Gerardius said:

This is a disappointing, yesterday I bought the plane and on the product description page it is well highlighted that you can use both Navigraph and PFPX, which is a matter of choice for everyone. And now it turns out that's not true? Anyway, I will enjoy the many impressive features of the IXEG 737 and hopefully they will soon provide a solution to this.

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

can you point me to the part of the product page that says that the IXEG is compatible with PFPX, please?

Cheers, Jan

6 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Gerard,

can you point me to the part of the product page that says that the IXEG is compatible with PFPX, please?

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

This is the link to the product's description... and attached a screenshot.

But sorry, my mistake... it's about AIRAC data, not flight planning... :wacko:

Cheers,

Gerard

IXEG PFPX.JPG

Edited by Gerardius

Hi Gerard,

yeah, I can see how that may confuse someone if only casually reading over the text. I hope that you will not be too disappointed with your purchase, though. I am sure that you could plan the flight with PFPX and then punch the routing into the FMS really quick. The 733 is not a long-haul aircraft, so entering lengthy routings is usually not necessary...

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Cheers, Jan

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Gerard,

yeah, I can see how that may confuse someone if only casually reading over the text. I hope that you will not be too disappointed with your purchase, though. I am sure that you could plan the flight with PFPX and then punch the routing into the FMS really quick. The 733 is not a long-haul aircraft, so entering lengthy routings is usually not necessary...

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

I am not disappointed at all by my purchase, quite the opposite. It was my fault for reading over the text, especially when English is not my main language. As soon as I realized it was a feature I had hoped for and couldn't find because I read it wrong, it didn't take me a second to forget the subject. I didn't buy this marvel for that, but for all the extra stuff it has and that's awesome, and I've flown 737 for years on FSX/P3D... but this is something else.

So thank you again for this preciousness and for caring about my satisfaction. I know that you have worked hard for years (I've been following your progress since you started the project) and the result is here.

Cheers,

Gerard

• Upvote 1