New Computer

glasscockpits

Hi,

this is more a question for Cameron I guess. I'll be receiving a new computer during the next week or so and am wondering what the correct procedure to install the 737 V1.2 on it. Should I uninstall the old version on my old computer first (didn't find an uninstaller)? I'll probably reuse the hard drive X-Plane 11 is on, avoiding a re-download of the software.

thanks in advance

• Downvote 1

i remember reading on one of the threads that there is (or will be) a way to de-authorise machine id's from the x-aviation site directly. i cannot find this option anywhere, so its probably still in development.

i reckon, for now you could open a ticket and ask support to de-authorise your old machine hardware since you are now moving to new hardware. however from what i've read, you should have spare hardware slots available to you anyway (4 i think) 

1 hour ago, echodelta said:

i remember reading on one of the threads that there is (or will be) a way to de-authorise machine id's from the x-aviation site directly. i cannot find this option anywhere, so its probably still in development.

i reckon, for now you could open a ticket and ask support to de-authorise your old machine hardware since you are now moving to new hardware. however from what i've read, you should have spare hardware slots available to you anyway (4 i think) 

This feature was considered.

It is not being added because it is possible to "instantly" de-auth an old machine from the new machine you're needing to use, in-sim, as a quick additional step in the registraion process.

Adding this functionality to the main site is redundant and adds to long term code maintenance overhead for no gain.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

This feature was considered.

It is not being added because it is possible to "instantly" de-auth an old machine from the new machine you're needing to use, in-sim, as a quick additional step in the registraion process.

Adding this functionality to the main site is redundant and adds to long term code maintenance overhead for no gain.

understood.... thanks very much for the clarification on that