Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.2 Update Released!

Cameron

The xenviro bug is well known.  You don't get any rain effects unless you start switching the weather mode around, then eventually it starts working to some degree, but it's very patchy.

It's a real pity, coming from FSX, AS spoiled us when you compare to default, xenviro or SMP.  I have swapped between these programs many times, trying to decide. 

SMP looks nice and has the rain effect, but I feel like I am flying in a mini weather zone, about 10 miles wide, whatever the cloud cover is, be it 2/8 cover, you constantly have clouds in front of you and it's very predictable, instead of random placement clouds

xenviro is better in this case, but you miss the effect, the haze seems too strong.

I don't know if xenviro plan to resolve the issue.  Roll on AS release!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Iain said:

The xenviro bug is well known.  You don't get any rain effects unless you start switching the weather mode around, then eventually it starts working to some degree, but it's very patchy.

It's a real pity, coming from FSX, AS spoiled us when you compare to default, xenviro or SMP.  I have swapped between these programs many times, trying to decide. 

SMP looks nice and has the rain effect, but I feel like I am flying in a mini weather zone, about 10 miles wide, whatever the cloud cover is, be it 2/8 cover, you constantly have clouds in front of you and it's very predictable, instead of random placement clouds

xenviro is better in this case, but you miss the effect, the haze seems too strong.

I don't know if xenviro plan to resolve the issue.  Roll on AS release!

I didn’t hear a single thing about AS since they announced they will be on x-plane

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible that somebody of developers recheck the aircraft performance? Sometimes I am afraid it became heavier than in previous versions. For example it took about 30 minutes to climb FL370 with 51 t grossweight. Also I noticed higher N1 and therefore fuel consumption to fly 0.73M than shown in FCOM Long range cruise control section.

Mentioned above is valid for XP10 v10.51

Amazing Addon so far, I absolutely love it. <3

Will be in further Updates correct wingflex during taxi, take off, turbulence layers etc correctly implemeted( sorry, but i would love to see it with this great addon) :-)

And one more thing I hope it will be added, correct engine cowl reflection from beacon lights and nav lights reflecting on ground a bit, not too bright. Zibo Mod 737 does it also have and it looks fantastic, so the best addon on market should also have this feature, I think.;-)

Flap sounds in cabin view could be a bit louder. too, would be nice.

What can be added to polish the teture design the hydraulic cables and stuff do not know how to say below the deployed spoilers, would be a nice addition (texture wise.)

Beside that, I really love this amazing addon, well done guys from IXEG! Appreciate your outstanding work.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Cavok

Hi Tom,

thanks for your kind words and the feedback. All of those things mentioned we are aware off and are planning to add/enhance them in the future. Personal preference varies from user to user, but few things are set in stone and we are always tweaking. Especially the sounds will one day get a complete overhaul when we transition to FMOD - whenever that may be.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

I can wait for all the extras that would enhance this fine A/C. Right now as a new simmer to x-plane and after years of PMDG B737NGX I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know the ins & outs of this classic. I have made viewing the EFIS easier without having to look down at the knobs by assigning map mode & range to a hat switch.

Cabin door opening would be great as my pax are moaning about having to disembark through the cargo hatches ^_^

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !!!

It has been a while since I flew this plane and it seems beautiful but lately I had the problem that when I'm on a cruise or ascent or descent and I want to make some modification in my flight plan in the FMC, it stays frozen for a long time and it's mainly because I do not fly it. Was this corrected or what should I be doing wrong?

Thank you

1 hour ago, swd1356 said:

Hello !!!

It has been a while since I flew this plane and it seems beautiful but lately I had the problem that when I'm on a cruise or ascent or descent and I want to make some modification in my flight plan in the FMC, it stays frozen for a long time and it's mainly because I do not fly it. Was this corrected or what should I be doing wrong?

Thank you

If you are windows, go to the windows defender configuration and set a folder exemption for the entire /x-plane/ main folder. Note it is a folder exemption not a file exemption.

This will cure your problem entirely.

Problem is when you are inflight and try to make any FMC change to the route plan, the fmc starts recalculating until you press EXEC but windows defender (or similar) will analyze the scripts and cpu goes 100%

hope this helps

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Si usted es Windows, vaya a la configuración de Windows Defender y establezca una excepción de carpeta para toda la carpeta / x-plane / main. Tenga en cuenta que es una exención de carpeta no de archivo.

Esto curará tu problema por completo.

El problema es cuando estás en vuelo y tratas de hacer que cualquier FMC cambie al plan de ruta, la fmc comienza a recalcular hasta que presionas EXEC pero el defensor de Windows (o similar) analiza los guiones y la CPU va al 100%

espero que esto ayude

thank you very much

• Upvote 1

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic