Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.2 Update Released!

Cameron

46 minutes ago, Tony4 said:

Airplane on the ground, compared to other 737's, is way faster in turning, and responds like its a cessna 152. If this was real, i would be clipping wings.

Actually 'Other 737's' comparison is not an argument to me. Why? We don't have more realistic 737 for XP than IXEG, and FS/P3D platform has nothing to do with 'realistic taxiing'. Remember to change controls sensitivity in X-Plane joystick settings from 50% to recommended 25% - it changes a lot and might be a reason of your opinions.

I have few hours in EASA certified sim as well - it is very responsive.

• Upvote 1

From the latest Q&A from Laminar Research, they are talking about introduce a "rate limiter" on the nose wheel steering. 

I use the axis on the top of my right thrust lever for the tiller, and I have no issues doing smooth turns. Remember to use small movments on the tiller. 

Saitek-X-55-Rhino-HOTAS-003.jpg

22:50 about the rate limiter. (Watch Austins reaction) ;)

BONUS: even real pilots struggles ;)

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

Okidoki, will play with joystick sensitivities to see if ground handling becomes, imho better ;)

And, truth to be told, I copied the x-plane folder from my old to my new pc, and never thought about re-calibrating the joystick :rolleyes: since a few short flights with the default planes went well enough.

After the recalibrate, ahum B)  things changed, and things work as they should....

Quickie from a few minutes ago, APP works as it should, as did selecting the AP after take off (never mind the landing)

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2017 at 0:10 PM, Tom Stian said:

From the latest Q&A from Laminar Research, they are talking about introduce a "rate limiter" on the nose wheel steering. 

I use the axis on the top of my right thrust lever for the tiller, and I have no issues doing smooth turns. Remember to use small movments on the tiller. 

Saitek-X-55-Rhino-HOTAS-003.jpg

22:50 about the rate limiter. (Watch Austins reaction) ;)

BONUS: even real pilots struggles ;)

Nice Tom, subscribed. what throttle is that?

Edited by Hammer32261

Hi everyone,

I am back from vacation and will go through all of the reports that came in over the last two weeks (I did manage to answer a few on my smartphone) in the next few days, catalogue and reply as warranted.

There will be a next patch, of course, and fortunately it does not seem like we have any "must fix immediately" candidates in there.

Our number one priority is the "gizmo soft crash", of course - we still have a few of those lingering, but I don´t have any good and solid reports, unfortunately. If you want your gizmo-crash to be fixed for sure, please include surefire steps (a video works best!) on how to reproduce it. The usual "there I was, flying the XYZ STAR into ABC airport..." unfortunately rarely helps, as even minute differences in performing the flight may or may not produce different results.

Thanks for everyone´s patience, Jan

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what version I have installed but I'm a little hesitant to upgrade. The version I have, what ever it is, works. It's the Swiss Army knife of X Plane, always sharp, plenty of functionally and if I screw up IXEG fixes or replaces, plus they pay for the fuel. I don't have any complaints so I don't know what you guys think you fixed.

Rather than waste time fixing nothing on this plane how about building a new plane. Say a King Air C90 GTXi with a 3 screen G1000. I bought the Quest with the G1000 and the plane is beautiful but the G1000 is worthless the way it was implemented. No one has a G1000 for X Plane that I can find.

I would like to know how I should manage the Fuel if I completely fill the plane both wing and center tanks. I'm currently flying the 737-300 around the world.  Can't find anything in the manual that came with the plane. Not a complaint, I still have google but just wondering.

Currently sitting in Anchorage getting ready to fly to Dutch Harbor and then Russia. 

Edited by JLWest
Wanted to turn on notification

42 minutes ago, JLWest said:

I don't know what version I have installed but I'm a little hesitant to upgrade. The version I have, what ever it is, works. It's the Swiss Army knife of X Plane, always sharp, plenty of functionally and if I screw up IXEG fixes or replaces, plus they pay for the fuel. I don't have any complaints so I don't know what you guys think you fixed.

Rather than waste time fixing nothing on this plane how about building a new plane. Say a King Air C90 GTXi with a 3 screen G1000. I bought the Quest with the G1000 and the plane is beautiful but the G1000 is worthless the way it was implemented. No one has a G1000 for X Plane that I can find.

I would like to know how I should manage the Fuel if I completely fill the plane both wing and center tanks. I'm currently flying the 737-300 around the world.  Can't find anything in the manual that came with the plane. Not a complaint, I still have google but just wondering.

Currently sitting in Anchorage getting ready to fly to Dutch Harbor and then Russia. 

It depends on what version of X-Plane you are using. If you are using X-Plane 11 you should upgrade to v1.2. You can find your version on the left side menu.
I would recommend the v1.2 for both X-Plane 10 and 11. But that is up to you :)

Regarding the fuel tanks, you should always fill your main tanks (wing tanks) first, then center tank.

And if you have fuel in center tank you should use fuel from center tank first, and then main tanks. But turn on all 6 fuel pumps. And turn off center tank pumps when its almost empty.
If fuel pumps on center tank is on with less then 20kg fuel (or so), you will get master caution warning.

You should not use fuel from center tank during takeoff if the center tank contains 453kg (1000lbs) fuel or less. Turn can turn the center tank pumps on when you are on stable cruise.

Edited by Tom Stian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, theriyon said:

wrong with ixeg  only  wing flex and open the doors !!!!

Just use a projector to throw the outside view on a bed sheet and keep it moving with a ventilator. Voila wingflex deluxe. Also FuselageFlex™ and SceneryFlex™ for free!!!!

Edited by mgeiss
  • Upvote 7

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic