Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.2 Update Released!

Cameron

4 hours ago, Morten said:

A lot was changed on the flightmodel side in XP 11, this is one of the reasons it took took us a while to get v 1.2 out.  The XP 10 versjon flightmodel took us 3-4 years to perfect, just to give you an idea.  So you will notice subtle differences at this point.

Lift, drag, thrust, groundmodel, controlsurfaces efficiency, groundeffect, also the default sensitivity sliders seems to have changed somewhat.  This is alll very complex stuff but we are well inside the Ballpark on v1.2. However we will still be tweaking the flightmodel in the next updates where necessary.  Also, we can expect Austin to further tweak on his end, which means we also will have to "retweak" again.  This is just how XP works, and in the beginning of new XP version runs it is always a tradeoff, should I jump to the next version or wait until things settle and aircraft are 100% back. This offcourse goes for all aircraft not just IXEG

Thank you for answer. I suppose I have got an idea based on your comments. You do a good job. And I hope existing bugs will be eliminated in future. Good luck!

22 minutes ago, pinco58 said:

I use N1 button for take-off....

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

You need to map a button on your joystick to the X-Plane  sim/engines/TOGA_power command , or push the toga button on the throttle quadrant.

FZXLtuC.png

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

You need to map a button on your joystick to the  x-plane  sim/engines/TOGA_power command , or push the toga button on the throttle quadrant.

Checked this. I have assigned a wrong command to my joystick button in XP11. I am sorry for this. (( And thanks for help!

• Upvote 1

You need to map a button on your joystick to the X-Plane  sim/engines/TOGA_power command , or push the toga button on the throttle quadrant.

FZXLtuC.png

Thanks a lot!

I'll do this.😀

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

On ‎15‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 0:16 PM, cloudfreak1 said:

hi Morten,

could you please confirm there are no reflections at the moment inside the airplane,so it is not a fault on my side 

The fingerprints/reflections are as shown in the preview. You just need the right light condition and angel of incidence, as in reality.

Edited by fehrster

Well,

I tried flying again after leaving ixeg and x-plane alone, waiting for the update.

Tried a few "circuits", just take off, engage auto-pilot and turn back, intercept ils, and land.

In many cases the auto-pilot disengages, and I have trouble getting it back in order.

While intercepting the ils, I press APP, and most of the time, the auto-pilot does not go in APP mode, neglects approach paths, although I manged one or two successful auto-lands.

I did the same with the default 737, and with the PMDG 737 in FSX, and all works as expected, no problems for me doing circuits and ils/gs interceptions.

It has been some time ago since I tried flying the ixeg 737 (previous version), but I cant remember having these problems, but it may be my ignorance. Been flying it with FMC and all, worked fine, then.

(oh, and the plane turns like a bumper car on the ground, totally unrealistic)

??

(can the speedbrake have a click sound??)

Edited by Tony4
Editing

Airplane on the ground is actually quite realistic... Imagine 87 degrees turn angle - that's a lot...

If your A/P gets disconnected try to change CWS Dead Zone slider in IXEG settings, as it may be caused by noise from you joystick/yoke.

SPD BRK does not have a click in real aircraft (it is an axis with quite smooth detents for ARM and FLT DET positions), that is why there is no click sound in IXEG.

1 hour ago, Tony4 said:

While intercepting the ils, I press APP, and most of the time, the auto-pilot does not go in APP mode, neglects approach paths, although I manged one or two successful auto-lands.

Keep in mind that you are just arming APP mode by pressing that button - you still need to cross/capture the glideslope "manually" for the APP mode to engage.

I think it's also recommended to capture the localizer first (i.e. auto pilot in VOR/LOC mode displayed in green) before arming APP - not sure that's a requirement though.

1 hour ago, mfor said:

Keep in mind that you are just arming APP mode by pressing that button - you still need to cross/capture the glideslope "manually" for the APP mode to engage.

I think it's also recommended to capture the localizer first (i.e. auto pilot in VOR/LOC mode displayed in green) before arming APP - not sure that's a requirement though.

I know. I can do this easily with other 737's 

Normal behavior, imho, is that when on good intercept, VOR/LOC turns on automatically, after APP is pressed, and when the gs is intercepted, gs is activated. Activate 2nd AP, and auto flare. But most of the time both are ignored. 

But i play a bit with my joystick settings, as suggested above.

2 hours ago, Poweer said:

Airplane on the ground is actually quite realistic... Imagine 87 degrees turn angle - that's a lot...

If your A/P gets disconnected try to change CWS Dead Zone slider in IXEG settings, as it may be caused by noise from you joystick/yoke.

SPD BRK does not have a click in real aircraft (it is an axis with quite smooth detents for ARM and FLT DET positions), that is why there is no click sound in IXEG.

Airplane on the ground, compared to other 737's, is way faster in turning, and responds like its a cessna 152. If this was real, i would be clipping wings.

Will get on checking the noise. But other aircraft dont seem to have this problem, so the "noise" is ixeg specific.

Oh, no real click :( From a sim usability pov, it would be nice. I have assigned some buttons on my stick, notches up and down, but i often find myself checking its status by moving the view.. 

37 minutes ago, Tony4 said:

I know. I can do this easily with other 737's 

Normal behavior, imho, is that when on good intercept, VOR/LOC turns on automatically, after APP is pressed, and when the gs is intercepted, gs is activated. Activate 2nd AP, and auto flare. But most of the time both are ignored. 

Well I don't know how the other 737s model it so I can't really comment on that.

For me in the IXEG 737 capturing the localizer first, then arming APP and approaching the gs from below has worked every single time.

Maybe a video (or screen shots) of it not working would help to identify the problem.

39 minutes ago, Tony4 said:

Airplane on the ground, compared to other 737's, is way faster in turning, and responds like its a cessna 152. If this was real, i would be clipping wings.

Will get on checking the noise. But other aircraft dont seem to have this problem, so the "noise" is ixeg specific.

Oh, no real click :( From a sim usability pov, it would be nice. I have assigned some buttons on my stick, notches up and down, but i often find myself checking its status by moving the view.. 

1. We have a custom groundmodel, approved by our 6000 hr captain. I can also tell you after dozens of hours in the big sim, taxiing is really tricky and very responsive.

2. Other aircraft don't all have CWS mode which is probably what is happening to you.

3. XP 11 joystick settings no longer has the possiblity of setting the default null-zone.  Now you need to do so manually by editing the prefs file. There is a topic about it over. At .org on how to do it. Did it myself since my joystick has a significant deadband

4. The best way to both learn how to operate the 737 AND troubleshoot, is to watch the tutorial videos, fly the SAME flight step by step youself and tell us EXACTLY where things start to go wrong for you.

if tou still are having problems, post a seperate topic in the appropriate "flight operations" support forum.

tks

M

Edited by Morten

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic