Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.2 Update Released!

Cameron

39 minutes ago, Laremies said:

My only problem with this update is that I can't get the plane to go in to VNAV mode, I press the button and nothing happens. Anybody else with this problem?

Make sure all waypoints have a reasonable altitude setting on the legs page - at least that was the solution when I had the problem.

...Many thanks for the update!

2 questions:

1.after install there is no coroutes-folder in the IXEG 737 Classic-folder

2. outside the airplane there are fantastic reflections but inside the plane there is nothing (PFD,ND) is that right?

Edited by cloudfreak1

2 hours ago, Laremies said:

My only problem with this update is that I can't get the plane to go in to VNAV mode, I press the button and nothing happens. Anybody else with this problem?

Flick on BOTH FD switches.  One time I forgot and had the same problem, only to realize I didn't flick on the Flight Directors.  Hope that helps

3 hours ago, cloudfreak1 said:

...Many thanks for the update!

2 questions:

1.after install there is no coroutes-folder in the IXEG 737 Classic-folder

2. outside the airplane there are fantastic reflections but inside the plane there is nothing (PFD,ND) is that right?

HI, I too would like to know how to get the cockpit reflections on the PFD & ND as seen in the fantastic preview a few weeks ago, Prior to V1.2 I had reflections but know none at all.

Great update thought, The exterior looks great.

Edited by lsm1970

Would be an update for fixing actual bugs? I have now more problems than with previous version that was not supposed to be compatible with XP11 once solved APU and engines issues.

Maybe is my fault but think I am doing the same than before.

Anyway thanks for keeping this alive.

3 minutes ago, Xiropillo said:

Would be an update for fixing actual bugs? I have now more problems than with previous version that was not supposed to be compatible with XP11 once solved APU and engines issues.

Maybe is my fault but think I am doing the same than before.

Anyway thanks for keeping this alive.

If you belive you have discovered some bugs you should report them at the support section with logs. :)

Hi to everyone! 

Thanks for a new release! But I find a model for XP11 still a bit different from XP10 model. I have not had a look at any performance numbers yet. But the difference can be visible anyway. 

First of all XP11 model is much more powerful (at least on ground). It also feels "heavier" (I actually like it). Especially in a pitch direction. Also it frequently overshoots and has higher bank angles in lateral direction.

Also I can see some functional changes. There are no flight directors any more on takeoff untill one of autopilot modes are engaged. If I fly with VNAV on cruize level changing the MCP altitude before T/D point causes VNAV mode disangegement.

VIsual aspects are minor for me: it is too glance looking outside for me. But it is much more annoying looking at the PFD and ND in default clouds: there are some strange kind of reflections in this case.

After a two days flying with new version I have a question to developers. Is this right that the XP10 model is still more accurate than XP11 model? Would you recommend to stay with XP10 up to now?

A lot was changed on the flightmodel side in XP 11, this is one of the reasons it took took us a while to get v 1.2 out.  The XP 10 versjon flightmodel took us 3-4 years to perfect, just to give you an idea.  So you will notice subtle differences at this point.

Lift, drag, thrust, groundmodel, controlsurfaces efficiency, groundeffect, also the default sensitivity sliders seems to have changed somewhat.  This is alll very complex stuff but we are well inside the Ballpark on v1.2. However we will still be tweaking the flightmodel in the next updates where necessary.  Also, we can expect Austin to further tweak on his end, which means we also will have to "retweak" again.  This is just how XP works, and in the beginning of new XP version runs it is always a tradeoff, should I jump to the next version or wait until things settle and aircraft are 100% back. This offcourse goes for all aircraft not just IXEG

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic