Battery Bus sources

Jens W.

According to the FCOM the normal source of the "Battery Bus" is "Main Bus 2", alternate source is the "Hot Battery Bus". If the Main Bus 2, Hot Battery Bus and Switched Hot Bus failed, no Standby Power should be available. Right? I have tried it, but Standby Power is still active.

Best
Jens

Edited by Jens W.

Hi Jens,  its a bit of a convoluted circuitry dependent upon multiple inputs...especially when messing about with failures.

Standby power is normally sourced from "Transfer bus 1" via a relay that is energized from the DC bus 1.  When the transfer bus 1 fails (or DC Bus 1), then this relay relaxes and connects the standby busses to 'Side 2'...specifically the battery bus.  You should be able to fail the transfer bus 1 (or DC Bus 1) and the battery bus and have the standby system go down....BUT that won't happen because I just discovered a bug in my code while testing this.   It does not affect your scenario however. ...and I have fixed the bug!

-tkyler

I need to describe my scenario a bit more in detail :)

* Gen Bus 1 and 2 failed
* AC and DC standby bus are powered from the Battery Bus ... working!
* Battery Bus failed directly via failures menu - > No Standby power ... working!
* Battery Bus failed indirectly, as the Hot Battery Bus and Switched Hot Battery Bus failed -> Standby power still available

I have the feeling that the Hot Battery Bus Failure does not work. Maybe the bug you have found ;) Or I have something missed.

And thanks for your great work!

Best
Jens

Edited by Jens W.