Some bugs? V1.4

sichars1968

Hi Goran

I have just been setting up the Saab for a flight and have had a couple of problems.

1. the Hydraulic pump seems to sound all the time, where as in previous versions it was just when the steering was used, gear up etc. Is this normal? Not a massive problem if it is, as I just turned it right down.

2. I had used the mouse for manipulating various things, I then tried to change the course on NAV2 and it failed and wouldn't work on anything after this?

3. I tune the COM radios and can't get the ATIS.

I will attach the logs below.

Your help is much appreciated.

Simon

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

13 minutes ago, sichars1968 said:

3. I tune the COM radios and can't get the ATIS.

i did not update to 1.4 yet, will do later on the day for testing.

Can you just confirm you didn't miss increasing the speaker volume slider on the audio panel captain's left hand side?

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

In XP 11, hydraulic pump fine here, the continuous running pump was intermittent in 1.3 as well.  I did notice I don't have scroll wheel support enabling it doesn't change anything except it disables standard click-drag functionality.  Not a bad thing perhaps (at least for me).  Also, it seems during replay rudder deflection is reversed...but perhaps this is XP...not sure.  This plane looks amazing!  And once around the pattern, very nice to fly.  Superb job Team LES! :)

-- Greg

Edit: No manipulator option for Nav1 in center console...confirmed.  Heading and Nav2 work for me with scroll wheel turned off for manipulating those dials...fyi.

Edited by gpb500
Additional info

56 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Can you just confirm you didn't miss increasing the speaker volume slider on the audio panel captain's left hand side?

Hi mmerelles

Yes I had forgotten to do that, I apologise, radio is fine now.

Have just confirmed though, that manipulating the course for NAV2 breaks the mouse manipulation, just tried again and same result.

Simon

1 hour ago, sichars1968 said:

1. the Hydraulic pump seems to sound all the time, where as in previous versions it was just when the steering was used, gear up etc. Is this normal? Not a massive problem if it is, as I just turned it right down.

This has always been this way, just as in the real aircraft.

• Upvote 1

I don't expect support per se.  These seem easy enough to reproduce, just was testing and starting a descent and as soon as I clicked VS...it crashed XP to desktop.  I mention this because 1.3 was SOLID in 11...so maybe these are common issues.  Logs attached for this one.  Thanks!

-- Greg

Logs.zip

11 minutes ago, gpb500 said:

I don't expect support per se.  These seem easy enough to reproduce, just was testing and starting a descent and as soon as I clicked VS...it crashed XP to desktop.  I mention this because 1.3 was SOLID in 11...so maybe these are common issues.  Logs attached for this one.  Thanks!

-- Greg

Logs.zip

Greg,

We want to support everyone.  However, since will be releasing an update specifically for v11 (compatibility), and we haven't done testing of v1.4 in v11, we therefore cannot provide support or answers regarding bugs and issues that you may have if you are running the v1.4 update in v11.

4 hours ago, sichars1968 said:

Hi mmerelles

Yes I had forgotten to do that, I apologise, radio is fine now.

Have just confirmed though, that manipulating the course for NAV2 breaks the mouse manipulation, just tried again and same result.

Simon

Bug confirmed and fixed.

14 minutes ago, stayup said:

I just installed v1.41 and can't turn the plane on the ground. The nose wheel will not turn. Had no problem with the previous version.

Thanks

Please refer to the release notes...

• Added new logic for nose wheel steering (requires Tiller to be in “ON” position to enable steering and restricts steering when aircraft is not moving).

43 minutes ago, JGregory said:

• Added new logic for nose wheel steering (requires Tiller to be in “ON” position to enable steering and restricts steering when aircraft is not moving).

Thank you for the information. It solved my problem. One other item i noticed is that the audio panel is not as sharp as it was in the previous version.

2 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

I dont know yet if you are looking at xp11 things but one quick fix would simply be too fix teh gauge reflections, works fine otherwise just need to check performance

Gauge reflections will be in V2 of the Saab.  

V1.5 (XP11 compatibility) will only be V1.4.1 working correctly and officially supported in XP11.  

16 hours ago, JGregory said:

Please describe the problem with gauge reflections in more detail.

Its a problem a few xp10 planes have in 11 like the Carenado B1900D, Gauges are a little cloudy, not clear see attached pic. Makes them a little difficult to see, so far evrything works. Just need to play with performance.

Gauges.JPG

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Its a problem a few xp10 planes have in 11 like the Carenado B1900D, Gauges are a little cloudy, not clear see attached pic. Makes them a little difficult to see, so far evrything works. Just need to play with performance.

Can you post the time of day and location where that screenshot was taken.  This is what I get when I load it.  

Screenshot_63.jpg

Screenshot_67.jpg

Edited by Goran_M

7 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

how xp10 birds behave on xp11 has also to do how strong you set your reflection slider among other things on xp11. If the developers are open to look into this for a product it is not for xp11 is quite important you share your rendering settings.

7 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Thanks for the screenshot.  This issue can be easily "fixed" for v11.  However, It is more likely this will be part of Saab v2.0, rather than v1.5.

Edited by JGregory

9 hours ago, mmerelles said:

how xp10 birds behave on xp11 has also to do how strong you set your reflection slider among other things on xp11. If the developers are open to look into this for a product it is not for xp11 is quite important you share your rendering settings.

Never looked, but than as i said it was an issue with teh B1900D which was fixed in there update with out me changing anything and it isnt an issue with all xp10 planes in 11 just some. So i guess it has to do with reflections.

Its better when reflections at minimal but doesnt change from low to high. nor time of day haave Nvidia GTX 970

Edited by mjrhealth

On 7/7/2017 at 9:27 PM, JGregory said:

Can you please explain the tiller logic in greater detail (seems that there has been no update to the systems documentation that explains this)? It seems that the tiller automatically turns itself OFF at some point, either after takeoff or after landing. The observed problem is that if, after landing, I come to a stop (say at a runway crossing), I find that the tiller is OFF (yet I left it ON) and thus no nose wheel control. Also, can the tiller be mapped to a keyboard toggle (the 3D knob is not especially easy/intuitive to operate)? I tried the XP default "nose wheel steering toggle" data ref and that doesn't do it (also, I see no obvious choice within the LES/Saab 340a custom commands).

A second question: I've never been able to control the prop levers with a joystick button (though I can control the throttle levers this way). Maybe I'm mapping the button to the wrong command, or maybe it's confined to a joystick axis (never tried this, but don't see why this should be). In any case, if mapping the prop levers to a joystick button is possible can you please just tell me which is the correct mapping? Thanks.

Edited by kentwerickson

1 hour ago, kentwerickson said:

It seems that the tiller automatically turns itself OFF at some point, either after takeoff or after landing. The observed problem is that if, after landing, I come to a stop (say at a runway crossing), I find that the tiller is OFF (yet I left it ON) and thus no nose wheel control.

Yes, the hydraulics for the nose wheel steering are turned off automatically after takeoff.  Therefore, the hydraulics will be disabled upon landing requiring you to turn them on.

Also, can the tiller be mapped to a keyboard toggle (the 3D knob is not especially easy/intuitive to operate)? I tried the XP default "nose wheel steering toggle" data ref and that doesn't do it (also, I see no obvious choice within the LES/Saab 340a custom commands).

There is currently no command to do this. I have added a new command to do this, which will be part of the next update.  Be aware that attempting to turn the hydraulics on while in flight will not work,  you will still be required to turn on the hydraulics after landing.

A second question: I've never been able to control the prop levers with a joystick button (though I can control the throttle levers this way). Maybe I'm mapping the button to the wrong command, or maybe it's confined to a joystick axis (never tried this, but don't see why this should be). In any case, if mapping the prop levers to a joystick button is possible can you please just tell me which is the correct mapping? Thanks.

No, you cannot map the condition levers to a button.  This can, and should, only be controlled by an axis controller, not an on-off button or switch.  I'm not even sure how you are getting that to work with the throttle levers.

• Downvote 1