Take Command! Saab 340A v1.4 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.4 update for the Take Command! Saab 340A. All customers who have purchased the Saab 340A up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Saab 340A from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.4 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original Saab 340A download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Fixed bug in Fire Extinguisher logic.
  • Added XP version 11 incompatibility warning. Your feedback about this update in v10 will help us fix bugs prior to release of the patch in X-Plane v11.
  • Adjusted fuel logic to fix engine “run-on” with non-start.
  • Fixed bug when pressing Vert Sync button on yoke.
  • Added restriction to ALT selector init.
  • Condition Lever Joystick assignment has been redesigned.  Users can now simply assign their joystick(s) to “prop1” for the left condition lever and to “prop2” for the right condition lever.
  • Increased number of (Nav) charts to 10.
  • Adjusted GPWS Mode 4A logic to prevent inadvertent “TOO LOW GEAR” warning on second and subsequent takeoffs during same sim/Saab session.
  • Fixed incorrect scroll wheel mapping that appeared when displaying WXR on CoPilot EHSI.
  • Added User Pref for GPS course pop-up display.
  • ACF hydraulic system logic adjustment
  • Changed engine rotation to allow for Laminar torque fix.
  • Changed logic for prop_mode assignment
  • Revised logic for hydraulic relay and pump
  • Added new logic for nose wheel steering (requires Tiller to be in “ON” position to enable steering and restricts steering when aircraft is not moving).
  • Fixed bug where the gear was able to be extended/retracted with the locking pins where still in place.
  • Fixed bug in right engine throttle logic.
  • Fixed bug in right generator annunciator logic. 
  • Fixed a bug in the CONFIG system preventing proper warning.
  • Fixed bug in cockpit hatch animation.
  • Fixed bug in prop disc rotation code.
  • Changed hydraulic qty gauge animation.
  • Changed font path reference for G530
  • Fixed bug in sound engine reporting false errors.
  • Modified logic for ITT to simulate asymmetry between engines.
  • Transponder manipulator logic fixed to prevent digits greater than 7.
  • Scripts version is now written to the logs.
  • Fixed drawing of OpenGL text/lines onTQ Viewer GUI .
  • Fixed bug where wind vector was not displayed on the CoPilot EHSI.
  • Corrected HSI NAV1 and GPS course handling and interaction.
  • OBS OPERATIONAL NOTE:  OBS Mode must be TURNED OFF when the Saab is loaded.  If it is ON you will need to turn it off and then reload the aircraft. In addition, using the OBS button on the GPS pop-up will cause conflicts with the Saab manipulator systems, you should only use the OBS button on the 3D Garmin 530 in the cockpit.  Not following these instructions will cause improper operation of the OBS (Course1) dial and the EHSI (Course1) display.  These requirements may be lifted in the future when we get the needed DataRefs from Laminar.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 2

Waking up in the morning, seeing the email that an update is released for the Saab 340, looking outside the window, it is nice weather, thinking about what to do, have some hard decisions to choose, seeing that XP11 is not supported, choice went from hard to simple.

Anyway, Great Job Goran_M! :)

2 hours ago, Delroy said:

Ok so how am I gonna make it work without it popping up the other version I just installed the garmin folder from x plane 10 and it  worked

Hi, this isnt woked for me. I have GNS430 from xpl10 in Resources folder before (worked with Saab ver 1.3), but now its not... Where did you and what excatly you copied from xpl10 to xpl11? thx a lot.

I am a bit disappointed, i know its not 100% compatible with x-plane 11 But as said above the Garmin will not turn on now.

Many people have moved from x-plane 10 to x-plane 11 and i would have  made a lot of sense to make this aircraft fully compatible with x-plane 11.

I just hope there can be a fix for this as soon as possible, as i miss flying this superb Aircraft.

It's been 5 hours since the update was published.  Jim is asleep right now, and is not even aware of the update being out.  

Please just exercise a little patience.  As soon as he gets up, he'll check the forums, see the issues, and get them fixed.  

30 minutes ago, midi48 said:

I am a bit disappointed, i know its not 100% compatible with x-plane 11 But as said above the Garmin will not turn on now.

Many people have moved from x-plane 10 to x-plane 11 and i would have  made a lot of sense to make this aircraft fully compatible with x-plane 11.

I just hope there can be a fix for this as soon as possible, as i miss flying this superb Aircraft.

The XP10 update was always going to be released.  We've made many mentions of this, and no one was objecting.  On the contrary, we were getting praise from many people for not forgetting the XP10 users.  

The XP11 update will not take anywhere near as long as this update to release.  I'm not the programmer, so I'll let Jim address this when he see's the forums.
Regards

Goran

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, midi48 said:

Thanks, Goran, will wait and see what happens.  It's just that I made the move to X- plane 11 and would love to be able to fly, what is one of my favourite Aircraft. 

I completely understand.  Rest assured, we'll get the XP11 compatibility update as soon as we possibly can.

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

It's been 5 hours since the update was published.  Jim is asleep right now, and is not even aware of the update being out.  

Please just exercise a little patience.  As soon as he gets up, he'll check the forums, see the issues, and get them fixed.  

Goran

Sorry. My time zone is in Italy.:)

The problem(s) have been identified and fixed.  In the interim, the aircraft should work fine as long as you don't use the Garmin 530.   I will need to speak to Cameron before the fix can be released.  He is currently unavailable, but it shouldn't take that long.  Thanks for your patience.

Those of you concerned about XPv11 compatibility, please read this post.  

Like Super I would like to mention that during installation I got messages that the component United Express and the component Corporate were not found. Not a big problem as I am updating the SAAB, the liveries are still present from the previous version. Thank you very much for all the work and the patience with us customers ;)

3 minutes ago, theraygan said:

I do not get the point to make a "compatible" version of the Saab for Xp11 if you are not adapting the engine and flight models to the simulator.

You are just saying that we will have to pay and wait like 1-2 years (?) for a fully functional version of your Saab in XPlane 11.

Consider they have to take care of a broad audience, preferences, simmer priorities.

There are a lot of people that do not care on realistic aircraft performance by the charts and just wanna have fun, some people can not read/care about performance charts, neither are pilots on real life to feel the difference on an aircraft performing right or not. If you look around the forums a bit, you will notice there is a large user base that switched to XP11 from the early public beta1 trying to load, putting patches via planemaker, sharing workaround on the forums to make the xp10 birds load and just have fun.

i do not see anything wrong from them delivering a compatibility patch for those, so all systems are functional. This is what most developer are/have been doing by the way to attend than demand on the first run. Release a compatibility patch, not fully redone birds in the meantime.

Having said that, there are other people (like myself) were having an aircraft that perform by the chart is all what counts. For those of us, we are awaiting full XP11 birds from all developers we like.

Delivering/retuning an XP11 aircraft by the charts requires a lot of work, because the ground model changed, drag model changed, engine model changed, flight dynamic changed and also the cosmetic thing due to the new PBR rendering engine. If you follow laminar's developer page you will also notice Laminar is still tweaking XP11 model release after release, they are not done yet. This makes developers lives even more complicated to be spot on over a moving target.

They are not saying you have to pay and wait 1-2 years! The way i do understand this:

1. If you are still having XP10 as your primary sim (large user base), this is the newest 1.4 update that fixes/improves several known issues for the best experience.

2. If you are an xp11 early adopter that wanna use the bird on xp11 no matter what, a basic compatibility fix is coming (lot of simmers are on this category as well)

3. if you are awaiting for this aircraft being full xp11 performing by the charts and having latest tech on rendering you are set for 2.0. (given the implications i wouldn't expect this to be fee, maybe a discount for existing customers, but this is just my pure assumption not any statement).

You can jump onboard at the timing you feel confortable to given the facts if you are not customer already.

just my 2 cents

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, theraygan said:

I do not get the point to make a "compatible" version of the Saab for Xp11 if you are not adapting the engine and flight models to the simulator.

You are just saying that we will have to pay and wait like 1-2 years (?) for a fully functional version of your Saab in XPlane 11.

I think mmerelles summed it up pretty well !

18 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Consider they have to take care of a broad audience, preferences, simmer priorities.

There are a lot of people that do not care on realistic aircraft performance by the charts and just wanna have fun, some people can not read/care about performance charts, neither are pilots on real life to feel the difference on an aircraft performing right or not. If you look around the forums a bit, you will notice there is a large user base that switched to XP11 from the early public beta1 trying to load, putting patches via planemaker, sharing workaround on the forums to make the xp10 birds load and just have fun.

i do not see anything wrong from them delivering a compatibility patch for those, so all systems are functional. This is what most developer are/have been doing by the way to attend than demand on the first run. Release a compatibility patch, not fully redone birds in the meantime.

Having said that, there are other people (like myself) were having an aircraft that perform by the chart is all what counts. For those of us, we are awaiting full XP11 birds from all developers we like.

Delivering/retuning an XP11 aircraft by the charts requires a lot of work, because the ground model changed, drag model changed, engine model changed, flight dynamic changed and also the cosmetic thing due to the new PBR rendering engine. If you follow laminar's developer page you will also notice Laminar is still tweaking XP11 model release after release, they are not done yet. This makes developers lives even more complicated to be spot on over a moving target.

They are not saying you have to pay and wait 1-2 years! The way i do understand this:

1. If you are still having XP10 as your primary sim (large user base), this is the newest 1.4 update that fixes/improves several known issues for the best experience.

2. If you are an xp11 early adopter that wanna use the bird on xp11 no matter what, a basic compatibility fix is coming (lot of simmers are on this category as well)

3. if you are awaiting for this aircraft being full xp11 performing by the charts and having latest tech on rendering you are set for 2.0. (given the implications i wouldn't expect this to be fee, maybe a discount for existing customers, but this is just my pure assumption not any statement).

You can jump onboard at the timing you feel confortable to given the facts if you are not customer already.

just my 2 cents

0% Convincing.

What Flight Factor has done with their aircraft is a compatiblity patch. Two .acfs one for xp10 other for xp11 with all the modifications done to make the xp11 version with the same characteristics than 10.

Making a version for XPlane 10 and say that it works for version 11, is not a compatibility patch. IXEGs old version and actual "works" in 11 and has not been compatibilty patched for 11. Saab 1.2 "works" aswell. So in compatibility terms, what has this v1.5 that it has not the 1.2? 

When you make a fully ready Xplane 11 version, then call it a compatibility patch. This is not a compatibilty patch for Xplane 11, because the plane  will not work like it should do in Xp 11.

This is just XPlane 10.

"

1. There will be a v1.4 update for XP10 (only), which will include most of the bug fixes and some enhancements discussed in these forums. 

2. There will be a v1.5 update for XP11 (only) which will be the same as v1.4 and simply allow the aircraft to load and run in XP11. This will NOT include new textures to take advantage of the new XP11 lighting.  In addition, Austin has made some significant changes to the flight model (especially turboprops) and we will NOT be adjusting for those changes with this version of the Saab.  So, although the aircraft will load and run without crashes, the engine and flight performance may not be exactly as it was in XP10.

"

The only difference that i am seeing between 1.4 and 1.5 is that in 1.4 you will have a message saying that this is not compatible with xp11 and in 1.5 you won't see that. That's what Leading Edge Simulations call a compatibility patch?

40 minutes ago, theraygan said:

The only difference that i am seeing between 1.4 and 1.5 is that in 1.4 you will have a message saying that this is not compatible with xp11 and in 1.5 you won't see that. That's what Leading Edge Simulations call a compatibility patch?

Given your latest posts, "I think" we have a miss understanding what -compatibility- means.

compatibility = it has been tested and certified by the developers for loading properly, it doesn't crash, all systems are fully working, it can be used on the sim with no trouble.

full xp11 bird = it has been reworked as much as required for the aircraft perform spot on to the manufacturer performance charts on all aspects, it will also take advantage of all latest sim tech like PBR rendering

Going back to your FF / IXEG notes, both are under -compatibility- status, both have released updates to assure they are compatible to xp11, BUT both are still working on full xp11 bird updates. Go &  try to compare climb ratios, or speed brake performance, etc. etc. etc. xp10 vs xp11 and you will be quite surprised about the findings.

Go and re-read 767 xp11 policy carefully from FF which was released under XP10 as IXEG737 and as SAAB340 to compare apples to apples.

Whats the deal about SAAB 1.4 and 1.5?? as you said, they look the same... yes!

1.4 is fully tested by the developers on xp10 and it introduces fixes for all known issues for their large user base still here (they didn't perform any testing on xp11 at all, if you use it on xp11 is entirely at your own risk)

1.5 is the same than 1.4 yes, but fully tested by them on xp11 and applied any fixes required to make it load, not to crash, systems working, etc. Yes it could happen nothing is required, or minimal, and in the end it looks the same than 1.4 for xp11.

2.0 is when they will develop and release a full xp11 bird. they will recalibrate the entire model to guarantee it performs by the charts, they will take advantage of latest rendering stuff.

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Going back to your FF / IXEG notes, both are under -compatibility- status, both have released updates to assure they are compatible to xp11, BUT both are still working on full xp11 bird updates. Go &  try to compare climb ratios, or speed brake performance, etc. etc. etc. xp10 vs xp11 and you will be quite surprised about the findings.

Flight Factor has separated .acf, one for 10 other for 11 with diferent parameters in each one to make the result equal. Like all other addons that are compatible for Xplane 10 and 11.

IXEG is NOT compatible with 11: https://gyazo.com/97207843bbbb9a5017cff6832fe35598

The Saab is in the same status than IXEG, but for you is compatible, for IXEG team is not.

Edited by theraygan

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic