Landing a 737-800NG, full motion certified

mmerelles

Been on the Panam academy for a 737 training session. Landing the 737800NG, weather set to 200 ft overcast and the instructor put a surprise. An aircraft pulling into the runway and required to jump over and land. A LOT OF FUN. Those simulators feels like the real thing. AMAZING

No A/P, A/T used, full manual approach down to the runway ILS 04R JFK

Hope you like it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mmerelles said:

Been on the Panam academy for a 737 training session. Landing the 737800NG, weather set to 200 ft overcast and the instructor put a surprise. An aircraft pulling into the runway and required to jump over and land. A LOT OF FUN. Those simulators feels like the real thing. AMAZING

No A/P, A/T used, full manual approach down to the runway ILS 04R JFK

Hope you like it.

Very nice.. And lucky you.. :)

Last time I was in a full motion 738NG sim (SAS Flight Academy at Gardermoen) was in 2006.. So it would be fun to try it again.

If I remember correct we payed 300NOK (about $36) for every 6th minute :)

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Very nice.. And lucky you.. :)

Last time I was in a full motion 738NG sim (SAS Academy at Gardermoen) was in 2006.. So it would be fun to try it again.

If I remember correct we payed 300NOK (about $36) for every 6th minute :)

These simulators are pretty amazing stuff they feel so real. I payed USD 800 for 1hs which includes 30 minutes briefing. 01:30 total. The 737800NG is one of the the most expensive they have, they sayd it is based on latest AIR technology for motion which is smoother. Cost 17 us million :huh:

They have 6 certified full motion sims

-737-300CL (i wasn't aware before reaching their facilities, otherwise i will have tried this one for sure)

-737-800NG

-757-200

-787-800 dreamliner

-MD82

-MD88

They do train/certify pilots from all around the globe and use the sims free time to schedule common people.

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling