Little manual gear extension issue?

jojo2993

Hi,

As far as I know, you should extend the gear manually only with the gear lever in OFF position. And that works fine. (Of course everything without SYSTEM A pressure) 

I played a little bit around and if you extend the gear manually while the lever is in DOWN position the gear will not extend but the sound will play. If you then select GEAR UP the gear will drop down. 

I am not quite sure but it seems a bit strange to me:

If you don't understand pls watch the video below! :)

I hope it's not a double report. 

But keep it up guys, your plane is amazing! :) 

Hi jojo,

We have a bug where the gear sound is actually connected to the lever - not the gear position... I hope that I will get some dev-time to fix it for one of the next versions, but it is fairly low priority because in "normal" operation you will not notice.

I think we may also have coded the gear to only deploy manually when the gear lever is in OFF - so it won´t deploy when the lever is down...and when you move it to "UP" it will pass through the "OFF" setting, which drops the gear, then.

We may revisit this in the future, too.

Thanks for your report, Jan

@Litjan I know that this is a tiny thing. :D But still, I wanted to tell you.

I noticed also that the nose gear taxi light is still working with a generator bus 1 failure.

According to my manuals, the nose gear taxi light is connected to generator no. 1 so it shouldn't work.

Correct?

Edited by jojo2993

17 minutes ago, jojo2993 said:

I also noticed that the nose gear taxi light is still working with a generator bus 1 failure.

According to my manuals, the nose gear taxi light is connected to generator no. 1 so it shouldn't work.

Correct?

That is correct, good catch!

Thanks, Jan

Edit: And fixed for next patch.

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1