Pressure & quantity of oil

jolmos

I do not know if the following effect has been reported with respect to the pressure and quantity of oil (particularly in engine # 1).
When the engines are started, the oil pressure level in engine # 2 is very low, very close to 30 psi, and engine # 1 does not reach 20 psi.

The image responds to values already in the air.

Pression.jpg

Edited by jolmos
Add information

Thank you "Cebulon".
Of course, such an assumption is the first thing one thinks. But its starting value is less than 20 psi (it is below the top of the yellow band), it is a clear indication of a malfunction of the hydraulic system, which should imply some other failure.
I believe that such a "realistic effect" is exaggerated to such an extent that it is inconsistent with the normal operation of the aircraft.

Hi "jolmos",

The hydraulic system is not indicated on the gauges you show.

The gauges depicted show the engine oil pressure for the engine lubrication system.

The limits are: minimum 13psi (above red mark), do not take off with oil pressure in yellow band while take-off power set.

Cheers, Jan

Many thanks Jan.
Ask, should I wait for takeoff until the oil pressure reaches at least 13 psi?

In such a case, what is the recovery time of that psi value with ignited engines already experienced? I ask this to know the time that I have to wait for the engine lubrication system to reach the minimum expected, otherwise it will be a mistake to check.

I am unsure what your problem really is.

I see these values on my system with XP10 and XP11. Oil pressure is certainly well above the red mark, and when I advance thrust for take-off power, it is well out of the yellow range as well.

If you don´t see this on your system, you may not have set up the plane in XP11 to work correctly (a tweak to the .acf file is needed).

If you are not getting oil pressure above the red limit check for a failure in the X-Plane failure menu - not sure if there is a failure like that, though.

Jan

oilpressure XP10.jpgoilpressure XP11.jpg

Thank You so much, Jan.

By the way, then I will check exactly the operation and comment.
One precision, my comment does not refer to the "red band" but yes at the "yellow band".
I see in your images that the amount of oil in both engines is the same; which does not happen on my plane. You can see it in the image I added above.