Cabin crew announcements for IXEG 737

Andrey Novikov

I have written a Lua script for cabin crew announcements. It plays them throughout normal flight (no jump in the middle flights supported) and currently supports the following:

1. "Welcome on board"
  2. "Safety instructions"
  3. "Seat belts on" and "seat belts off"
  4. "Drinks and meals"
  5. "Start of descend"
  6. "Before landing"
  7. "Arrival (after landing)"

It also announces some commands on behalf of first officer. It will operate if you follow all general flight procedures, later I will describe trigger logic in detail. It also supports turnarounds. I have not tested it beyond normal flight flow (like failures and similar).

Script is controlled through two first officer's audio control panel receiver switches: FLT INT and PA. Normally the are turned on and do not require any adjustments. FLT INT is responsible for first officer commands while PA is responsible for cabin crew announcements. You can turn them to adjust the volume or depress them to turn them off. Thus you can turn off first officer if you prefer to perform cabin calls by yourself and you can turn off cabin crew (but what's the sense then).

To use the script you have to install FlyWithLua and unpack archive contents into 'scripts' folder (so that the script resides in the root of this folder).

IXEG_Cabin_Crew.zip

Edited by Andrey Novikov
New script version
  • Upvote 5

It is hard to understand pilot's intentions especially with limited capabilities of scripting. That's why I want to clarify the trigger logic of announcements. Most of the announcements are played with random delays for better realism. Script also prevents playing several announcements layered. Most of inflight announcements require properly setup pressurization: flight level and destination airport elevation.

1. "Welcome on board" is played when cargo doors are closed (no cabin doors in IXEG 737 yet) and seat belt sign is turned on.
  2. "Doors on automatic" is played when anti collision light is turned on.
  3. "Safety instructions" are played as soon as you start pushing or starting engines or taxing.
  4. "Prepare to takeoff" is played when you turn on landing lights.
  5. "Seat belts on" and "seat belts off" are played inflight when you turn them on and off (that simple).
  6. "Drinks and meals" is played just before you reach cruise altitude.
  7. "Start of descend" is played when you are 1000 ft below your cruise altitude.
  8. "Before landing" is played when you pass 4000 ft altitude for destination airport or extract gear or set flaps 10 or more.
  9. "Landing command" is played when you pass 3000 ft altitude for destination airport or set flaps 30 or more.
  10. "Arrival (after landing)" is played when ground speed is bellow 40 kts.
  11. "Doors on manual" is played when engines turned off, parking brake set.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Andrey Novikov
Changed logic
  • Upvote 3

Trying your script now. So far so good. However may I suggest a slight change in when the "doors automatic" announcement is played. Can it be played when the anti collision light is turned on. This usually signifies that the aircraft is ready to be pushed back. Right now it's played when the pressurization is set to flight which is usually done after engine start and engine bleed is on. Seems a little too late to arm the doors at that points. See what you think. Thanks. 

Edited by Nkmsw8
  • Upvote 1

@alessandro61 You should update vSpeedCallouts to the latest version:

FlyWithLua Error: The variable "IAS" is still defined as DataRef "ixeg/733/airspeed/IAS_pilot_001_ind".
FlyWithLua Error: The error seems to be inside of script file Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/vSpeedCallouts.lua

The problem is that we use the same dataref with the same name. The author of vSpeedCallouts has already fixed this, so updating his script will help. I will also fix this in nearest future.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, as written in the first post:

Script is controlled through two first officer's audio control panel receiver switches: FLT INT and PA. Normally the are turned on and do not require any adjustments. FLT INT is responsible for first officer commands while PA is responsible for cabin crew announcements. You can turn them to adjust the volume or depress them to turn them off.

• 3 weeks later...

I created several 3jcabin sounds for myself, I borrowed some sounds from fspassengers which I purchased for FSX a long time ago. They trigger automatically at various stages of the flight, and repeat after you turn around onto another flight, pretty awesome really. The hostess even asks if there are any good bars when you are on approach :wub: , or what the weather is like <_<.

I cannot upload the tracks for copyright reasons, but the important part is the folder and file names which 3jcabin sounds uses to trigger at the correct points. Potentially you could replace them with your own sounds, attached. 

3jcabin.txt

3jCabin-sounds.lua

Edited by Blahmeh
Also tweaked 3jcabin lua file file to include some IXEG datarefs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...