Waypoint SBG/12 wrong defined

Super27

Hi,

I found that waypoint SBG/12 is at the wrong geographical location and I informed Navigraph about this.  In their reply Navigraph asked me to forward the problem to IXEG as it is supposed to be an IXEG problem.  Please see below.

Looks like that SBG/12 is on the wrong radial from SBG VOR. 

Thank you for looking into this.

Best regards,

Werner

Hello, 
This is my first thread here, so please forgive me if I did something wrong.

Looks like that the waypoint SBG/12 for SID''s at LOWS is wrong defined in the IXEG Boeing 737-300. It seems that SBG/12 is at the opposite side of SBG VOR. 
If SBG/12 should be correct, then the following SIDs should use either waypoint WS610 or SI NDB in place of SBG/12:
RTT4S, TITI2S and TRAU6S.

FS: XP11.02b1
Addons Too many, but this problem seems to apply only to the IXEG 733
Airac 1706 rev3

Thanks for looking into this!
Best regards,

Werner

•  
  •  

Re: Waypoint SBG/12 wrong defined for IXEG 733.

Postby navdata » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:39 am 

Servus Werner,
don´t appolozie for anything - we are happy to get some so complete report. Perfect ... thank you!!

To your issue:
I have looked now in the IXEG 737 (v1.1) and you´re right, the dme distance waypoint SBG/12 is wrong. But :-) ... this is not a navdata issue, it´s more a IXEG issue, sorry to say this. IXEG use the LevelD XML files for the terminal procedures, and I have tried the same procedure in the LevelD, all is perfect there. Further, I have checked the procedure RTT4S ...
LOWS_RTT4S_SBG12.JPG
LOWS_RTT4S_SBG12.JPG (30.13 KiB) Viewed 2 times

You see the type "DmeIntc", the SBG VOR coordinates (48.002583/12.892761) and the DMEtoIntercept of 12 NM. That mean, you have a cycle with a radius of 12 miles around the SBG VOR, so from current A/C position (in this case RW33), the first point where you crossing the 12 miles cycle is approx. 2 miles away, like in the LevelD - so correct!
LOWS_RTT4S_LevelD.PNG

I guess, there is a calculation error in the IXEG, because in IXEG is the crossing point at approx. 25 miles (2x 12 mile radius + the distance from the runway to the DME Distance) - so outbound of the SBG VOR and not inbound and that´s not correct and should be fixed by IXEG
LOWS_RTT4S_IXEG737.png

Werner, please report this to IXEG - the procedures are ok so far from our side. We can´t do anything in this case - it´s an addon issue. Sorry!
Kind regards,
Richard