First official XP11 screenshot

Morten

So what is issue you are having?

No one said anyone was having an issue. I'm not sure why you even tried to make a suggestion for some software that won't integrate or do what we need it to or what our own coded software already does. There's new code being built for future updates, including this one. Morten already discussed that in this thread, and that's all there is to it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

No one said anyone was having an issue. I'm not sure why you even tried to make a suggestion for some software that won't integrate or do what we need it to or what our own coded software already does. There's new code being built for future updates, including this one. Morten already discussed that in this thread, and that's all there is to it.

Ok so it's basically a new installer that you guys are working on?

Let's stop running around in circles here. Read this very thread if you're somehow confused. Deep down you seem to know what's up and were initially just trying to be "smart" with your link to software reply.

That's enough, really.

If this spirals further we're just going to close up this thread.

• Upvote 1

Hello Cameron,

im sorry if i rage you with this question But will the new installer Include a autoupdate Feature or something like that currently we Need to Download the Wohle thing again when it got updated.

with autoupdate i Unterstand something like this: instead of downloading the Wohle Bird again it will just Download the changed files of ixeg. 

Thanks Sir

2 hours ago, 63 Degrees Right said:

Obviously, it is very disappointing that software delivery is severely slowed down by a vendor but there is no other way about it at the moment.

Not really for me. I just ignore the fact that IXEG has announced that they have finished the update and the game is now at XA. Sometimes a little less information is better, even or let's say especially when the community is very impatient. I'm sure XA is working hard on the release, for whatever reason it takes some weeks. So let's keep calm and patient. Get out of the simulator cave and enjoy the summer. The update will come.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WickedClown said:

Hello Cameron,

im sorry if i rage you with this question But will the new installer Include a autoupdate Feature or something like that currently we Need to Download the Wohle thing again when it got updated.

with autoupdate i Unterstand something like this: instead of downloading the Wohle Bird again it will just Download the changed files of ixeg. 

Thanks Sir

The above question illustrates the challenge for XA in developing a robust installer.  The installers used have to be programmed to handle a wide variety of cases and some unknown number and type of files that may or may not be changed by the IXEG team in the future.  This requires some time of fore-thought to determine what will be required by users and ensure those cases get coded into the installer.  Bandwidth on this level is quite expensive so just downloading everything every time is not a valid option...so crafting a "smart installer" is where the time is going currently.   The payoff will be a robust and quick installer for future updates.  This whole transition to V11 has caused a bit of a "traffic jam" in our infrastructure and that's all this is....best to proceed through it cautiously lest we end up missing something obvious.  Once past it, we expect a clearer road for updating.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 13

46 minutes ago, tkyler said:

The above question illustrates the challenge for XA in developing a robust installer.  The installers used have to be programmed to handle a wide variety of cases and some unknown number and type of files that may or may not be changed by the IXEG team in the future.  This requires some time of fore-thought to determine what will be required by users and ensure those cases get coded into the installer.  Bandwidth on this level is quite expensive so just downloading everything every time is not a valid option...so crafting a "smart installer" is where the time is going currently.   The payoff will be a robust and quick installer for future updates.  This whole transition to V11 has caused a bit of a "traffic jam" in our infrastructure and that's all this is....best to proceed through it cautiously lest we end up missing something obvious.  Once past it, we expect a clearer road for updating.

-tkyler

Now that is response  that clarify everything. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tkyler said:

-tkyler

Will the installer notify us about a update when starting x-plane or do we have to check manually?

1 minute ago, WickedClown said:

Will the installer notify us about a update when starting x-plane or do we have to check manually?

No, there will be no in-sim notifications.

We have always alerted customers to updates via X-Pilot and E-Mail simultaneously.

8 minutes ago, Cameron said:

No, there will be no in-sim notifications.

We have always alerted customers to updates via X-Pilot and E-Mail simultaneously.

Okay i just did this. But as far i understand this now the new installer means the following: 

I will dowonload the installer for version 1.2 and install it and after that i never have to download it again because there installer will be stored somewhere and i simply open it and it will check for updates. 

Did i understand this right? 

• 2 weeks later...