First official XP11 screenshot

Morten

On 6/22/2017 at 3:27 PM, WickedClown said:
Hello Jan, 

will we have a lightning Update aswell with this update? For example: Im doing a night flight right now (almost everything is on high inlcuding reflections.)

But the Pos lights dont reflect on the ground and Strobe / Beacon lights dont reflect on the plane itself which should happen as far i think. 

The brightness of the Taxi Light seem a way little to dim or maybe i just overestimate something there. 

Thanks. 

X-Plane controls all lighting and reflections.

You are overestimating the power of the taxi lights.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, crisk73 said:

Don't know if it has been already asked. Will old third party liveries benefit from the XP11 new effects or shall they be redone/updated? Thanks.

There will need to be some adjustments to get everything coherently working. Nothing major, but for good consistency it's advised.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Soon, we have delivered it to XA, so as soon as they get the installer etc set up we are ready to go on v 1.2 :)

M

Hi cameron, so v1.2 is only focusing on Compatibily with xp-11 or this update implement new features ?

Thank you.

David.

Edited by lyxelso

18 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Okay, you don't have to believe me about what X-Plane controls.

Thats not a question about believe or not. Thats a fact. I compared them and guess what? There is a difference, also with the reflections, they need to be added to the flight model and not into xplane. 

3 minutes ago, MagicMandi said:

Thats not a question about believe or not. Thats a fact. I compared them and guess what? There is a difference, also with the reflections, they need to be added to the flight model and not into xplane. 

We need a palm face emoji.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicMandi said:

Hi MagicMandi,

the position, direction, cone and intensity of the airplane´s exterior lights are controlled in the .acf (aircraft) file - this is correct.

We believe that we have the lights "just right" - based on my 25 years (10 of those in 737´s) experience in flying jet airliners. Most of the default aircraft in X-Plane have lights that are too bright. The taxi-light´s purpose is not "see where you go" - it´s more "be seen when you go". You can also spot obstacles on the taxiway, but not out very far. The light is not intended to illuminate the taxiway.

The reflections are not part of the flight-model, as they do not influence the way the airplane flies.

The cockpit display reflections in XP11 are a new property (as far as I know), so we can not apply them to the XP10 model. We do, however, already have a makeshift reflection in place for the XP10 version.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi MagicMandi,

the position, direction, cone and intensity of the airplane´s exterior lights are controlled in the .acf (aircraft) file - this is correct.

We believe that we have the lights "just right" - based on my 25 years (10 of those in 737´s) experience in flying jet airliners. Most of the default aircraft in X-Plane have lights that are too bright. The taxi-light´s purpose is not "see where you go" - it´s more "be seen when you go". You can also spot obstacles on the taxiway, but not out very far. The light is not intended to illuminate the taxiway.

The reflections are not part of the flight-model, as they do not influence the way the airplane flies.

The cockpit display reflections in XP11 are a new property (as far as I know), so we can not apply them to the XP10 model. We do, however, already have a makeshift reflection in place for the XP10 version.

Cheers, Jan

Merci 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

We believe that we have the lights "just right" - based on my 25 years (10 of those in 737´s) experience in flying jet airliners.

I envy you, but I also realize that it required a lot of work.

Thanks for making the 733 a free update for XP 11. Since I've bought this plane a few months after XP 11 was released I really appreciate the gesture. Now where are the screenshots of the NG? :P