First official XP11 screenshot

Morten

We have stopped giving ETA's since they historically have not been very accurate anyway (Our spare time is unpredictable when you have full time jobs, kids and family)

What I can say is that the team is working hard on getting a XP11 version ready as soon as possible.  Basically To do;

• Compatibility fixes (APU, engine, cockpit lights, ground model etc etc reported stuff that you are aware of)
  • Take advantage of the new reflections (as you have seen a couple of examples of here)
  • Updated liveries
  • Complete flight model recalibration due to new atmosphere and engine model
  • Other minor updates/fixes while we are at it.

..and progress is good in all areas :)

• Upvote 17

40 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

Now why would people touch PFD - it's not a touch screen ! :) 

30 minutes ago, manguras said:

:lol::lol::lol:

The same reason most PC, laptops, TVs, etc are not touchscreen but full of dirt and finger prints on the screens. Because you manipulate them, because you put your fingers on them when discussing something with someone else, because those instruments live on the real world.

I remember pretty well when sat on a cockpit for the few hours learning to fly, it was very noticeable for me how different a real aircraft is from a simulator. On the real aircraft you have lot of dirt, uncalibrated instruments, scratched glasses, y i can go forever... The confort of a simulator were everything is always the same is present just at home.

14 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

The same reason most PC, laptops, TVs, etc are not touchscreen but full of dirt and finger prints on the screens. Because you manipulate them, because you put your fingers on them when discussing something with someone else, because those instruments live on the real world.

I remember pretty well when sat on a cockpit for the few hours learning to fly, it was very noticeable for me how different a real aircraft is from a simulator. On the real aircraft you have lot of dirt, uncalibrated instruments, scratched glasses, y i can go forever... The confort of a simulator were everything is always the same is present just at home.

You are right! But was just for fun!

3 hours ago, Morten said:

I just lost 30 min of my planned test flights today.

Personally, having just purchased this beautiful aircraft, I think you guys have done a wonderful job and my purchase was after having read that you were going to make it an XP-11 bird.  I have XP-10, but I rarely find myself going back and yes, I do see the difference in your aircraft's performance between the two platforms.

Your pictures look great and I look forward to flying with the modifications, but please don't loose any more time by answering my, or anyone else's, comments.

John

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dr_nerdrage said:

Noticed the left inner nose gear door texture was fixed as well. This was really preventing my enjoyment of the aircraft ;)

Certainly that is the first place I plan to walk to when I get my VR headset and XP11 VR features are rolled out.  :-)

• Upvote 2

The inner nose gear door is of utmost importance to the whole IXEG team, and especially to me. It is without argument probably the most pivotal area of the whole airplane - and we had to hold off until now to really texture it well and do it justice. Thanks for your patience!

I have spent way too many minutes lingering near the inner nosegear door during my outside checks... one time the First Officer came down to look if anything was wrong, just to find me staring at the inner nosegear door with that dreamy smile on my face. Needless to say, we left late that flight. He also stood, admiring the beauty of it, until the ramp agent walked over to ask if we could finally get going. After we explained sheepishly, he couldn´t help but see our point, so the three of us stood and stared for a few more minutes.

I later asked my employer if I could go ahead and launch my own (pay to visit!) website of "www.nosegeardoorsinside.xxx.com", with some really juicy pictures of that looker of a nosegeardoor, but they said no :angry:.

I am happy that someone else is sharing my affection with this - often overlooked - very special area of the aircraft.

Jan

PS: I can´t believe that the 737.org is not even featuring a section about the nosegear doors!! Slackers!

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 18