Engine failure

Not sure what happened exactly, but randomly during descent I experienced a failure of my left engine.  Attempts to restart the engine did not work.  I dont know how this happened but the xplane failure menu showed that the engine driven fuel pump had failed, not sure why the engine shut down even with the electric pump working.  Any ideas regarding the cause?  XP 10 btw.

The engine driven fuel pump is delivering high pressure for the fuel to be injected into the combustion chamber. It is essential for the engine to run.

The electric boost pumps are helping to push the fuel from the tanks to the engine, where the engine driven high-pressure pump takes over.

The engines will work without the electric boost pumps (the engine pumps will suction feed the fuel), with possible thrust degradation at high power settings or high altitudes (we don´t model that, though).

Jan

Edited by Litjan

Hmm, you said that your X-Plane failures menu showed the engine driven fuel pump failed - so you must have had failures enabled. We don´t trigger failures at all.

The only other way to trigger failures for our plane (besides the X-Plane default failures) is to use Tom Stian´s great script.

Cheers, Jan