TCAS freezes with IXEG-v1.1 (Xplane10)

B737NG2011

Hi guys,

First of all i want to congratulate the whole IXEG team for this great update (v1.1). Excellent job !

While testing out the new improvements, I noticed that when i'm on ground and activating the TCAS TA only, that the aircrafts in the air (landing/departing) are being showed correctly on the EHSI screen. I have tested the TCAS simultaneously with IVAO pilots flying around and with XLife free. Both are visible.

But at a certain moment, the aircrafts doesn't move anymore on the screen. Their position freezes and also their altitude (bug?).

I can reproduce the freezing moment as follow:

First i'm in cockpit and i see the aircrafts moving. I select Tower view to see the aircrafts around me. Then go back into cockpit view and at that moment, the aircrafts freeze.

(i can deblock the freezing by changing the scale of the EHSI screen and all of them are moving again ... going back to tower view and back to cockpit and freezing again)

Does someone else have this issue?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

we have not seen that exact problem - there was an instance reported where TCAS targets get stuck when using online services but we where unable to fix that...I know that Tom Stian has come up with a script that may help, and I think he will post it shortly.

We will certainly keep investigating these problems and hopefully provide fixes in a future update so you don´t have to use any workarounds...

Cheers, Jan

22 minutes ago, B737NG2011 said:

Hi guys,

First of all i want to congratulate the whole IXEG team for this great update (v1.1). Excellent job !

While testing out the new improvements, I noticed that when i'm on ground and activating the TCAS TA only, that the aircrafts in the air (landing/departing) are being showed correctly on the EHSI screen. I have tested the TCAS simultaneously with IVAO pilots flying around and with XLife free. Both are visible.

But at a certain moment, the aircrafts doesn't move anymore on the screen. Their position freezes and also their altitude (bug?).

I can reproduce the freezing moment as follow:

First i'm in cockpit and i see the aircrafts moving. I select Tower view to see the aircrafts around me. Then go back into cockpit view and at that moment, the aircrafts freeze.

(i can deblock the freezing by changing the scale of the EHSI screen and all of them are moving again ... going back to tower view and back to cockpit and freezing again)

Does someone else have this issue?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hello

Do you have this issue with XLife also ? or only with IVAO ?

Edited by Tom Stian

Hi Jan and Tom,

This evening i retested this situation to see if it was linked to Xlife or Ivao, but i wasn't able to force the freezing again :huh: 

I tried first with only Xlife (no connection on Ivao) and no freezing appeared when leaving cockpit for tower view and vice versa.

Then tried only Ivao (no Xlife), no freezing.

I tried then both again and activated terrain and weather radar on EHSI and still working properly ! Strange ... but lucky for us ! :)

I'm jumping into the cockpit for a next flight with this great plane! I'm still excited as day 1 and hoping to continue to see new updates on this IXEG733 for XP10 !

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Olivier

10 minutes ago, B737NG2011 said:

Hi Jan and Tom,

This evening i retested this situation to see if it was linked to Xlife or Ivao, but i wasn't able to force the freezing again :huh: 

I tried first with only Xlife (no connection on Ivao) and no freezing appeared when leaving cockpit for tower view and vice versa.

Then tried only Ivao (no Xlife), no freezing.

I tried then both again and activated terrain and weather radar on EHSI and still working properly ! Strange ... but lucky for us ! :)

I'm jumping into the cockpit for a next flight with this great plane! I'm still excited as day 1 and hoping to continue to see new updates on this IXEG733 for XP10 !

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Olivier

Roger, please report back if you get the same issue. :)

But im not sure if it is recommended to run IVAO and X-Life at the same time. Since they both will try to access the x-plane multiplayer datarefs.

One thing to mention is how X-Plane or better X-IvAp or XSB handles the AI-Traffic:

So, if a pilot enters your 20nm range, X-IvAp will "hijack" one of X-Plane's internal AI-Aircrafts and position it where the Online-Player is flying. After the guy is out of range (lateral or vertical), or turns off the Transponder, or whatever, X-IvAp stops "hijacking" this AI-Plane and the TCAS Target remains on it's last position. This is why so many other Payware-Aircrafts /Tools show those false TCAS-Targets that seem to be stuck and that don't move. X-IvAp only ensures that those aircrafts are out of your visibility range, but sometimes....yeah..

I'm the softdev of EFASS and I spent hours on getting rid of this bad TCAS bahviour by always checking if a target is really moving or not. So complicated for such an easy task.

Another interesting find is, that each time X-IvAp repositions the AI-Aircrafts (to keep them out of your visual range), you will experience a short stutter in your Sim.

Edited by Cosmopilot

Ive noticed sometimes that TCAS traffic gets stuck when flying on VATSIM/IVAO.

So I have made a LUA script that simply resets all the multiplayer datarefs and clear up the inactive datarefs/stuck traffic.

Active multiplayer datarefs will not be affected since I belive they are read-only or instantly updated again after the reset.

I will make the script available soon. So IF you have this issue this script may help you.

Edited by Tom Stian

That's an option and you would make many users happy. But you should publish that script @ the IVAO or XSB forums.. they should implement it natively without forcing users to fiddle around with scripts to make their products work "somehow". (Sadly the IVAO SoftDev is "dead" and does not accept any suggestion or improvement by 3rd parties - so, I don't think there will be an update within the next 1,2,5,10 years).

Edited by Cosmopilot