No clouds in 4.5

Psionmark

Hi all,

I purchased Skymaxx Pro 4.5 over the weekend for use in X-Plane 11, but I'm not seeing much in the way of clouds.

I've attached a couple of screenshots, one with the plug-in running, one without. The one with the clouds is with the plug-in disabled.

I'm running it with default settings. I've also clicked Reset in the plug-in menu in case I'd inadvertently clicked something.

Sometimes, I get a brief glimpse of some nice looking clouds, then they fade away to this.

I've tried it with Real Weather and also manually creating the weather, and it looks just the same.

I've disabled other plug-ins, so nothing should be conflicting.

Any ideas?

Cessna_172SP_28.png

Cessna_172SP_29.png

Hi again Frank,

I've raised a ticket, but in the meantime, here's a chunk of the log:

dlerror:dlopen(/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo.plugin/mac.xpl, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo.plugin/mac.xpl: mach-o, but wrong architecture

/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo.plugin/mac.xpl: mach-o, but wrong architecture

G64:   0.000: Gizmo64 Script Engine v17.05.10 macOS

G64:   0.000: built: May 10 2017, 17:58:46

Loaded: /Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/mac.xpl (gizmo.x-plugins.com).

No SkyMAXX configuration file found; using default settings.

Loaded: /Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/64/mac.xpl (SilverLiningV4.Clouds).

dlerror:dlopen(/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/shrink-wrap.plugin/mac.xpl, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/shrink-wrap.plugin/mac.xpl: mach-o, but wrong architecture

/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/shrink-wrap.plugin/mac.xpl: mach-o, but wrong architecture

G64:   0.486: Boot Count: 1

G64:   1.517: Plugin Enabled.

SkyMaxx Pro: SilverLining initialized OK.

1 minute ago, Psionmark said:

Hi again Frank,

I've raised a ticket, but in the meantime, here's a chunk of the log:

dlerror:dlopen(/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo.plugin/mac.xpl, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:

G64:   0.000: Gizmo64 Script Engine v17.05.10 macOS

G64:   0.000: built: May 10 2017, 17:58:46

Loaded: /Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/mac.xpl (gizmo.x-plugins.com).

No SkyMAXX configuration file found; using default settings.

Loaded: /Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/64/mac.xpl (SilverLiningV4.Clouds).

dlerror:dlopen(/Users/markavey/X-Plane 11 Beta/Resources/plugins/shrink-wrap.plugin/mac.xpl, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:

G64:   0.486: Boot Count: 1

G64:   1.517: Plugin Enabled.

SkyMaxx Pro: SilverLining initialized OK.

From that it looks like you're probably using an older version of OSX that's no longer supported by Apples current tools.

What version of OSX are you using?

Uhh, sorry. Tired eyes.

Gizmo.plugin is an old (ancient) file in your plugins folder. It's for the 32bit sim. If you're no longer running 32bit x-plane you can delete XP/Resources/plugins/Gizmo.plugin

Gizmo64.plugin is the current item for 64bit use.

You can also delete shrink-wrap.plugin - another ancient legacy 32bit plugin we no longer use.

Aside from that, not sure. Will wait on full Log data via ticketing.

3 hours ago, Psionmark said:

Does anyone know what the response time is once a ticket has been raised?

Cheers,

Mark

I believe they aim for 3 business days.

Your case may be an odd one, though. Looking at your log, it seems as though SkyMaxx Pro believes it is licensed and is trying to draw clouds. You might want to spend some time trying different rendering settings like toggling HDR mode, or switching between manually created and real-world weather. I wonder if it's something like haze or fog causing the clouds to disappear due to low visibility, which would be working as designed.

40 minutes ago, sundog said:

I believe they aim for 3 business days.

Your case may be an odd one, though. Looking at your log, it seems as though SkyMaxx Pro believes it is licensed and is trying to draw clouds. You might want to spend some time trying different rendering settings like toggling HDR mode, or switching between manually created and real-world weather. I wonder if it's something like haze or fog causing the clouds to disappear due to low visibility, which would be working as designed.

HDR it was - many thanks for your help with this.

I'd switched down from HDR to the one below some time ago, as FPS wasn't so good on an earlier version of XP11, but seems acceptable now.

Might be worth sticking this in the manual? I've seen a few people on forums etc with similar issues and no definite answers. Guess it might be due to different reasons than it was for me.

Anyhow, thanks again for getting me up and running :) 

4 hours ago, Psionmark said:

HDR it was - many thanks for your help with this.

I'd switched down from HDR to the one below some time ago, as FPS wasn't so good on an earlier version of XP11, but seems acceptable now.

Might be worth sticking this in the manual? I've seen a few people on forums etc with similar issues and no definite answers. Guess it might be due to different reasons than it was for me.

Anyhow, thanks again for getting me up and running :) 

Lucky guess. Actually SMP works fine with HDR on or off on the Macs I have in the office here, so there is some unusual configuration that seems to be problematic that we haven't identified yet it seems. Apologies for the trouble.

Edited by sundog

11 hours ago, sundog said:

Lucky guess. Actually SMP works fine with HDR on or off on the Macs I have in the office here, so there is some unusual configuration that seems to be problematic that we haven't identified yet it seems. Apologies for the trouble.

When in the options page on my iMac, you can see the clouds disappear in the sim in the background when you switch it down from HDR to the one below. Wouldn't have thought it was a resources issue, as HDR will be using more, not less, than the option below it.

Lucky or not, it was a good call and got me up and running :)

Happy to do some testing here if it'll help.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:04 AM, Psionmark said:

When in the options page on my iMac, you can see the clouds disappear in the sim in the background when you switch it down from HDR to the one below. Wouldn't have thought it was a resources issue, as HDR will be using more, not less, than the option below it.

Hi there,

could you please be so kind to help me with the same issue? How did you switch the HDR of??

Thanks so much for your help. :)

On 6/1/2017 at 4:04 AM, Psionmark said:

Thanks, the problem was the same, for me, but working in the opposite way. If I set the slide excluding HDR, I don't have clouds (disappear), setting the HDR on, the clouds appear again. 

Thanks! :)

6 hours ago, GiuseppeFTS said:

Thanks, the problem was the same, for me, but working in the opposite way. If I set the slide excluding HDR, I don't have clouds (disappear), setting the HDR on, the clouds appear again. 

Thanks! :)

Yes, that's what was happening for me, too. HDR set to On, clouds visible. HDR off, no clouds.

HDR is working fine for me, so I guess the latest XP 11 Beta performance enhancements are working :) 

7 hours ago, Psionmark said:

Yes, that's what was happening for me, too. HDR set to On, clouds visible. HDR off, no clouds.

HDR is working fine for me, so I guess the latest XP 11 Beta performance enhancements are working :) 

Sorry, I thought was the opposite.. :)

Important is that we (you) found a solution.. ;)

Thanks!