Popup windows for cockpitbuilders

meshboy

Hi

do you think you will add support to be able to open the nav display in a popup or export it in some way.

airtrack allready has support for the PFD but no way to interface the magenta lines on the nav display.

would be nice for us cockpit builders.

As far as I know, reliable interfacing via datarefs is difficult in general, if not impossible

with Gizmo. I tried once to interface the MCP, but changing datarefs and reading states

did not always lead to the desired result (buttons and LEDs got out of sync). I don't

know if this will be worked on in the future, but I am afraid the IXEG is not fully

suitable for a homecockpit.

23 hours ago, frumpy said:

As far as I know, reliable interfacing via datarefs is difficult in general, if not impossible

with Gizmo. I tried once to interface the MCP, but changing datarefs and reading states

did not always lead to the desired result (buttons and LEDs got out of sync). I don't

know if this will be worked on in the future, but I am afraid the IXEG is not fully

suitable for a homecockpit.

Not true, I have the MCP from CPFlight working perfectly with IXEG (custom plugin) and before that had a n older -200 AP working with it.  It's all in the programming and yes, Gizmo is very touchy on inputs but Ben said he would work on that.  It took me a long time to get my sim to work within the Gizmo and IXEG parameters but it is doable.

Edited by 737NUT

3 minutes ago, 737NUT said:

I really should upload a video of how good the MCP works but that would give CPFlight to much business ;) 

It only works good because my friend wrote a plugin that actually works unlike the cpflight supplied one.

Now it's getting interesting! :)

Can you check cases 1-3 I described here:

I don't know what your friend did, I read and changed the supplied datarefs via Arduino.

Oh, it's been a while..

ATMega 2560 board, ArdSim interface. I mean Ben acknowledged that there is an issue

with Gizmo, so I assume it's not the plugin.

I cannot find my code anymore, hm..

Does this one work on your setup?

3) A/T and SPD active: A/T off in sim turns off the simulated A/T LED but not the physical one
I think you need to reset the LED dataref to off when A/T turns off