ephemeris model in 4.5 and sunset sky colors

donoscar

Hello

please see attached screenshot, there seems to be some trouble with your ephemeris model, the sun was a bit low ;)

Can the fact of using a multi monitor config be a reason for this?

Also,  tried to play a bit around with sky colors at sunset without any success... default settings do hurt my eyes: any thoughts?

SMP45.jpg

2 hours ago, domhenry said:

Yes may be some problems there - the Moon over Brisbane is in about 17% tonight - the weather real and simulated is clear - but there is no sign of the simulated Moon in XP V11 with SMP4.5.

X-Plane does not simulate any specific year. SMP simulates the year 2014 in order to best match X-Plane's built-in night lighting of terrain etc. Once X-Plane adds a year to its date setting, we'll honor it.

3 hours ago, donoscar said:

Hello

please see attached screenshot, there seems to be some trouble with your ephemeris model, the sun was a bit low ;)

Can the fact of using a multi monitor config be a reason for this?

Also,  tried to play a bit around with sky colors at sunset without any success... default settings do hurt my eyes: any thoughts?

I think sun is where it should be, it's just that X-Plane renders distant terrain as transparent in some situations, so you see the sun through it. It's done this forever I think.

We do have some code to fade away the sun when it gets low in the sky to counteract this; sounds like we may need to make that a little more aggressive.

Remember you can always turn the sky back to default or some other sky color set if you don't like our procedural sky model. But you will need to restart X-Plane for the changes to take effect.

10 hours ago, sundog said:

But you will need to restart X-Plane for the changes to take effect

I can change sky colors including the hosek wilkie model in the smp gui and the changes are applied directly since 4.5. Before the update I had to manually reload sky colors using the XP sky colors menu. 

12 hours ago, sundog said:

X-Plane does not simulate any specific year. SMP simulates the year 2014 in order to best match X-Plane's built-in night lighting of terrain etc. Once X-Plane adds a year to its date setting, we'll honor it.

Thanks Frank - didn't realise XP didn't know the year - so yes it was right - the Moon didnt rise till the morning and set before dusk on that day back in 2014....

• Upvote 1