Maxx FX and XP11

SHaines

Based on what you’re explaining this actually sounds like OS X’s app scrambling. Apple has created a function of OS X Sierra which will prevent files from running properly by “scrambling” the file path code. The intention from Apple’s end was to be a security measure, but some people get hit by this even on honest files that do not contain a virus.

As per the documentation found around in our forums, most customers get around this by downloading Stuffit Expander or an alternative free unzip app and unzipping the zip files with this application. The files should work after this.

I don't have any problem unzipping the archive. I get that message when I run the installer. To be accurate, when I first launched the installer i got a message saying this is a file downloaded from the internet, do i want to open it, etc. I have to open my OS Prefs, select "Security" and the installer is listed there. I then click "OK" to open the installer. The blue installer window then opens and i click to proceed. That's when I got this message I sent here. I tried trashing the folder, uncompressing the zip again, opening the folder and clicking the installer (for OS-X). This time I went directly to the blue window, clicked install and got the same message.

You were correct. First tried using "Total Unarchiver", a utility similar to Stuffit. It decompressed the archive but the installer would not run. I then tried dragging the archive onto the Stuffit "Unarchiver" app. That also uncompressed the archive and this time when I clicked the installer it ran. MAXX-FX now installed. Thanks for your assistance with that.

You were correct. First tried using "Total Unarchiver", a utility similar to Stuffit. It decompressed the archive but the installer would not run. I then tried dragging the archive onto the Stuffit "Unarchiver" app. That also uncompressed the archive and this time when I clicked the installer it ran. MAXX-FX now installed. Thanks for your assistance with that.

You're welcome!