IXEG 737 Classic v1.1 Is Landing!

Cameron

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

No.

Not being able to enter holds should be a top priority in my book, especially since online ATC fairly frequently asks pilots to enter holding patterns when the skies are busy. Without it the aircraft is pretty much limited to offline flying only.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to getting the 1.1 update. 

Edited by tabugman
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tabugman said:

Not being able to enter holds should be a top priority in my book, especially since online ATC fairly frequently asks pilots to enter holding patterns when the skies are busy. Without it the aircraft is pretty much limited to offline flying only.

You can still do manual holds for now like how it used to be...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BMFlight said:

You can still do manual holds for now like how it used to be...

That's not really my point. The FMS should be able to handle pilot entered holds. I have payware aircraft almost half the cost that manage it just fine.

With that said, I don't blame IXEG for this since I didn't read up before I bought this aircraft. All I knew was that this was supposed to best 737 for X-plane and I assumed holds were modelled, especially considering the price tag. Assumptions are the mother of all f*ckups as you know, but I would like IXEG to make this a priority for future updates.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, tabugman said:

Without it the aircraft is pretty much limited to offline flying only.

I have done +350 flights online on VATSIM with this bird, so its not limited to fly offline only :)

And it's just as easy to do manual holds as to programming the hold with the FMC.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, tabugman said:

Yes it's really sadly. But of course you CAN do holds pattern. Just choose a waypoint you like as a holding point, maintain constant speed, set a bank angle. All you need are heading knob and chronometer. And if a holding point is stand for an NDB or a VOR you are a "King of holds" - tune on it and relax. Keep a try, it's really funny.

15 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

I have done +350 flights online on VATSIM with this bird, so its not limited to fly offline only :)

And it's just as easy to do manual holds as to programming the hold with the FMC.

Undoubtedly! But, if I wanted to do all the hands, I would buy B727 with CIVA. The $ 75 model should be able to do what it is supposed to do. And to use HOLD in FMC or to twist hands is already my choice. It's a pity that the team has priority in the door / window, and not the FMC functionality, without which the 737CL is no longer 737 CL.

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 1

I second what tabusman said. It's not relevant if you can do manual holds - the point is just that you should be able to.. it's a pretty important feature for me personally, but we'll have to wait a bit more I guess ;)

Still very excited for the update though. Brings some changes I've been waiting for :) maybe not all, but I guess most

• Upvote 1

I just got the IXEG 737 and liking it so far - note from some of the comments there is a weather radar function - can anyone

give some guidance/explain on how to enable/use it?

also pleased to hear there is some official XP11 support coming - when will this be released?

2 minutes ago, mac2 said:

I just got the IXEG 737 and liking it so far - note from some of the comments there is a weather radar function - can anyone

give some guidance/explain on how to enable/use it?

also pleased to hear there is some official XP11 support coming - when will this be released?

There's a training video dedicated to that subject:

40 minutes ago, tabugman said:

I fly all of my flights in online in Vatsim (around 300 hours of flight with IXEG B733), and hold pattern procedure is not the biggest issue here. You can workaround, using fix page, chronometer, heading bug, VOR radial, NDB QDM/QDR, Altitude hold, etc... For sure it will increase a bit the workload, but that's what we want, and you will survive online with that. :P

Regarding online flight, the TCAS system was the highest priority in my point of view, and now it is confirmed to version 1.1. :)

By the way, counting the seconds to do my first flight with 1.1. I hope it is released on time to flight it at tonight's VATBRZ event from SBPA to SBKP.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Arelavvelur said:

And to use HOLD in FMC or to twist hands is already my choice. It's a pity that the team has priority in the door / window, and not the FMC functionality, without which the 737CL is no longer 737 CL.

Everyone has different priorities, and we have tried to balance them in this update.  Most of the time on v 1.1 was actually been spent on the FMC

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tabugman said:

Yeah, don´t get me wrong, I also want the FMS to be able to do programmable holds - it just wasn´t possible to get that done for 1.1. The dev-time we got on FMS was devoted to fixing what is already there and to make things more stable. The holds are definitely up very high on the to-do-list and will most certainly be done for the next patch (after the XP11 compatibility patch).

For now, here is how you can do "manual" holds without too much of a hassle:

Use the FIX page to enter the relevant fix. Add the inbound course as a radial. You can also use enter a distance to give you a cue when to turn back in (1 min outbound at holding speed is roughly 5NM). Now use HDG SEL to fly the hold you manually drew onto the EHSI map. No need for timing, WCA calculation, etc.It won´t be as precise as a computed hold in LNAV, but this will certainly keep you in the holding area and the controllers off your back...

Note that the radials shown on the FIX page will be correct for 1.1, there was an error (magnetic variation) before.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Morten said:

Everyone has different priorities, and we have tried to balance them in this update.  Most of the time on v 1.1 was actually been spent on the FMC

Yes, I understand your position. Do non get me wrong, for me, all the beauties do not matter it all. I wanted to seriously study this model (inluding all necessary technical documentation). I very much hope that in the next updates the buet is paid more attention to the FMC functionality and other systems. Undoubtedly, even at this stage the aircraft is very attractive. We are waiting v 1.1.

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Yeah, don´t get me wrong, I also want the FMS to be able to do programmable holds - it just wasn´t possible to get that done for 1.1. The dev-time we got on FMS was devoted to fixing what is already there and to make things more stable...

Cheers, Jan

Fingers crossed on that one! I can deal with the other limitations knowing they'll be fixed in 1.2 or 1.3, but the nervousness of a soft crash while flying w/ online ATC and being asked to modify or switch a STAR was killing me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Torbinator said:

Fingers crossed on that one! I can deal with the other limitations knowing they'll be fixed in 1.2 or 1.3, but the nervousness of a soft crash while flying w/ online ATC and being asked to modify or switch a STAR was killing me.

LOL, I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but I did. This random vision of a "pucker up" face came across my mind as you get instructions from ATC and pray at the same time. :)

• Upvote 1

Has anyone managed to open the doors of the aircraft? The option does not work. It only opens the cargo here. Cabin Crew Doors Do Not Open. Do you have to do something? Thank you!Has anyone managed to open the doors of the aircraft? The option does not work. It only opens the cargo here. Cabin Crew Doors Do Not Open. Do you have to do something? Thank you! 
https://scontent.fmao1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18768452_1520967684643989_3454355069703329606_o.jpg?oh=f8d6be2de8cd5b554438a532bc23054b&oe=59B90A80

3 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

Has anyone managed to open the doors of the aircraft? The option does not work. It only opens the cargo here. Cabin Crew Doors Do Not Open. Do you have to do something? Thank you!Has anyone managed to open the doors of the aircraft? The option does not work. It only opens the cargo here. Cabin Crew Doors Do Not Open. Do you have to do something? Thank you! 
https://scontent.fmao1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18768452_1520967684643989_3454355069703329606_o.jpg?oh=f8d6be2de8cd5b554438a532bc23054b&oe=59B90A80

The cabin doors aren't functional in version 1.1.

6 minutes ago, Robson said:

I downloaded the installer and it completes the installation, but it is still in version 1.0.7

Robson, did the installer uninstall the 1.0.7 before it install the version 1.1? When finished, did it ask for the new activation process?