IXEG 737 Classic v1.1 Is Landing!

Cameron

7 hours ago, ONDR4.cz said:

Awesome! Just two questions:

"Several texture fixes"
Can you elaborate on what exactly has been fixed/changed? Will repainters need to adjust their liveries?

"Numerous "ninja fixes" for X-Plane 11 compatibility."
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but will this include at least a partial fix to the low drag problem in XPL11? Of course I don't expect it to be 100% accurate at this time, but currently it's difficult to keep speed even at -1500fpm and with speedbrakes up.

I don´t think adjustements for liveries are needed, they should still work.

No fix for the drag problem - if we would fix this for XP11 it would be messed up for XP10. So this will need to wait until the full compatibility patch.

Jan

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, StefanH75 said:

I see no VNAV calculation improvements are mentioned. Hasn't this been considered for the update or is it just not in the list? However I'm looking forward to the update.

No VNAV work for this patch, unfortunately. We are aware for the need of it but could not allocate the time to really fix this, as we intend to rework the code from the ground up to make it really good (no band-aid patches).

Jan

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, malombroso said:

Hi! That is a fantastic news...

I'd like to ask few things:  will the plane work also if using the plugin "xprealistic"? Is the issue using X-enviro along with "vortex" on fixed? Will the weather radar show also turbulences?

No idea, I don´t have xprealistic so I couldn´t say. I was not aware of a problem with x-enviro along with the vortices in XP10, and no effort was made to fix anything in that regard. The weather radar of a 737-300 does not show turbulence.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi Jan,

I noticed in the patch notes that the cargo doors and the cockpit door are now operable, does that mean we'll finally get some cabin night lighting, even if it's an interim fix? As I mentioned earlier the IXEG looks like a ghost plane at night without any cabin night lighting.

Just now, avantime said:

Hi Jan,

I noticed in the patch notes that the cargo doors and the cockpit door are now operable, does that mean we'll finally get some cabin night lighting, even if it's an interim fix? As I mentioned earlier the IXEG looks like a ghost plane at night without any cabin night lighting.

Sorry, "ferry flight" for a bit longer... :mellow:

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well done to the team, a massive effort during your busy day to day work!  I have not flown the 737 for a few months so looking forward to getting back into it.

The only thing I need to work out now is how to get some good traffic in the air to make use of the TCAS, this is something I have not got my head around since switching from FSX to X-plane.

59 minutes ago, Iain said:

Well done to the team, a massive effort during your busy day to day work!  I have not flown the 737 for a few months so looking forward to getting back into it.

The only thing I need to work out now is how to get some good traffic in the air to make use of the TCAS, this is something I have not got my head around since switching from FSX to X-plane.

With "good" being the operative word here, this pretty much rules out X-Plane´s default AI traffic (for now). I would look at an online ATC service like VATSIM, IVAO or PilotEdge.

Cheers, Jan

18 hours ago, Litjan said:

No idea, I don´t have xprealistic so I couldn´t say. I was not aware of a problem with x-enviro along with the vortices in XP10, and no effort was made to fix anything in that regard. The weather radar of a 737-300 does not show turbulence.

Cheers, Jan

There are some issues with x enviro and the ixeg, when the show vortices option is on the clouds go ultra white for some reason. Also the weather radar does not work with xenviro. Probably fixes for another day but I can't wait to get my hands on this wonderful update! Well done guys 

9 minutes ago, Adolfin said:

There are some issues with x enviro and the ixeg, when the show vortices option is on the clouds go ultra white for some reason. Also the weather radar does not work with xenviro. Probably fixes for another day but I can't wait to get my hands on this wonderful update! Well done guys 

Ah, ok - the weather radar takes it´s cues from the X-Plane default weather (showing rain where there is rain), so there may be an incompatibility there. Not sure we can/will adress that, but will certainly take a look.

Jan

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Adolfin said:

Also the weather radar does not work with xenviro. Probably fixes for another day but I can't wait to get my hands on this wonderful update! Well done guys 

There is no weather radar that currently can read xEnviro weather. They need to provide an API so weather radar can read the data.

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1