IXEG 737 Classic v1.1 Is Landing!

Cameron

Captains,

Within the next 48 hours v1.1 of the IXEG 737 Classic will hit the store and be sent out free of charge to all current customers of the IXEG 737 Classic!

We know this has been a long awaited release, and we're really looking forward to getting it into your hands! It's been a long road, but we're now confident with a lot of the work that has taken place over the last year that we can get back to making more frequent updates again on this product.

Most importantly, here's what to expect in the update:

• Added TCAS. Just like in the real airplane, it will show various types of traffic (PROX, TA, RA) and the relative altitude, plus voice callouts and visual aids to avoiding RA traffic. The panel should work as the real one, including TA only, ABV/BLW, STBY, etc.
  • Improved EGPWS. This is enhanced over 1.0.7 - the modes (1-5) should work a lot more closely to how the real modes work, including submodes (i.e. 4A, 4B). There is also a terrain-look-ahead feature that will alert when approaching terrain higher than the aircraft. New panel, new switches, new TERRAIN ON light. New INOP label for FO´s terrain display.
  • Opening cargo doors with door annunciators and 3D cargo holds modeled.
  • Eyebrow windows including selectable sunshade panels (select in preferences menu)
  • Opening cockpit door
  • Now showing current active waypoint distance and ETA on EHSI upper corners in MAP and CTR MAP mode
  • Added increase/decrease map range datarefs
  • A multitude of fixes to FMS stability and LNAV drawing and performance
  • Several texture fixes
  • INOP label for the logo lights if winglets fitted
  • Autopilot fixes (autothrust gain, logic of MA buttons, GS arm logic, cleanup of FMA modes in some circumstances, FL CHG pitch behaviour in MACH regime with turbulence)
  • Several rare gizmo crashes fixed for switches and levers
  • Fixes to headings and bearings shown on FIX INFO and LEGS page (now show correct magnetic tracks)
  • Ground power not showing anymore when booting in turnaround state
  • Fixes to default transition altitude not always showing correctly (still just a crude east/west division)
  • Added realistic way to operate approach speeds on APPROACH page
  • Added failure flag to altimeter when not electrically powered
  • Improved EFIS symbology when IRS units not aligned
  • Fuel gauges now show "lbs" when imperial units are selected
  • LNAV tracking accuracy improved (no more offset flying)
  • Ground model "Ninja fix" when using airplane with XP11 (no full XP11 compatibility yet)
  • Solved numerous situations that would cause the FMS to produce soft crashes in the Gizmo console
  • The aircraft may work in X-Plane11, but we do not officially support it and it may not be truly accurate numbers as you would find flight model wise in X-Plane 10. This is just enough to get by and allow your enjoyment in XP 11. Separate XP11 update will be released at a later point.

As is always the case, we thank you so very much for being a customer, and for hanging in there with us during this time period. We are confident you will really enjoy this new update!

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 29

Awesome! Just two questions:

"Several texture fixes"
Can you elaborate on what exactly has been fixed/changed? Will repainters need to adjust their liveries?

"Numerous "ninja fixes" for X-Plane 11 compatibility."
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but will this include at least a partial fix to the low drag problem in XPL11? Of course I don't expect it to be 100% accurate at this time, but currently it's difficult to keep speed even at -1500fpm and with speedbrakes up.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, WickedClown said:

Amazing job thanks alot for this. 

// How does it work ? (My first update with IXEG ever!) Will i get a message like: Update available or will i have to re-download the installer? 

Normally (for patches and bug fixes) you'd do the update in the sim via the Gizmo updater - however for this update I'm pretty sure you have to redownload the entire installer, since it contains major changes to the 3d model etc.

3 minutes ago, StefanH75 said:

I see no VNAV calculation improvements are mentioned. Hasn't this been considered for the update or is it just not in the list? However I'm looking forward to the update.

it has been said from the very first beginning and during the updates VNAV was not part of 1.1 It will be improved but will take longer due to its complexity.