Hosek-Wilkie sky model bug.

strider

45 minutes ago, JohnMAXX said:

Oh yeah how So? 

I've done some test's starting from dusk without SkyMaxx and the plane was not black on the non lit side and the terrain was not covered in the strange fog ( altought the default terrain was more foggy and the scene was darker in general ). Setting the reflection option from minimum to low did not made any difference though, hence my thought that vanilla lightning and terrain is not affected by the reflection slider. With SkyMaxx doing the same test's the plane was black on the non lit side and the terrain was covered in fog when the reflections detail was set to minimum. Maybe this is Xplane's bug which shows it self trough SkyMaxx or this is not so much of a bug and the Hosek-Wilkies sky model requires the reflections to be set to low to function properly?

ohnhzlx.png

bOAwXLS.jpg

Edited by Denco

3 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Thank you... And I think it is intended that the Hosek Wilkie Model is somewaht brighter than the default colors?

To be clear it only affects the sky colors, but it's a very sophisticated model. There's no artistic aspect to it where we were going for something darker or brighter, it's just as accurate a simulation of reality as is currently available.

How it could affect X-Plane's terrain and lighting of airplanes is currently beyond me, however. It has nothing to do with either.

Okay... it seems to look more realistic than the default colors indeed but I have a (personal) problem with that slightly bluish look. It just gives me weird feelings similar to the effects of motion sickness as I am sensitive regarding certain blue color tones. I am still using the default sky colors because they feel good for me - other themes and the new sky model may look better but I can't use them because of my sensitivity. So... I request not to drop the sky color selection feature in future updates as I am heavily depending on it.