777-300

Unable to install SkyMax Proo 4.5

12 posts in this topic

I have tried 3 times and all 3 times I am receiving this error messages. I have not elected the proxy server.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 5.17.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 5.18.48 PM.png

Could be the crazy folder name you have for X-Plane. Haven't seen this before.

I changed the name to XPlane11. Received same error. Before i started I uninstalled the old version but left RWC installed. I am using El Capitan.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
500GB  of Flash Storage

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 5.42.36 PM.png

Edited by 777-300
Adding Information

I know cameron is a busy guy and I did put in a ticket. Just very excited about using this new version as I am a big fan of SkyMaxx Pro. Trying to figure out why the message says resources/plugins does not exist or not writeable. It does show that it's there. Any idea how  I can change it the resources file to be writeable? I did uninstall the previous version but did leave real weather connector alone.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
500GB  of Flash Storage

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 3.45.04 PM.png

I'm not really a Mac expert but I think it's unusual for your Desktop folder to be under Users/user. I think maybe the installer is getting confused about where your X-Plane installation is for some reason. Are you sure you specified the correct location for it when installing? Moving your X-Plane installation somewhere else may be worth a shot, too.

6 hours ago, sundog said:

I'm not really a Mac expert but I think it's unusual for your Desktop folder to be under Users/user. I think maybe the installer is getting confused about where your X-Plane installation is for some reason. Are you sure you specified the correct location for it when installing? Moving your X-Plane installation somewhere else may be worth a shot, too.

I am pretty sure that I am installing Sky Maxx in the correct location. I did speak to an Apple Level 2 Help Desk person who said my file structure was in good order and verified that it should not be a problem installing the SkyMaxx file. He is also an XP-11 user and a fan of SkyMaxx like me. So not sure what is going on.  Sometimes Apples answers are correct and hopefully this was an instance where they gave me a good answer.

As a Mac user since the 90, May I wonder if you may be run short of space on your desktop? The desktop is a folder that sits on your startup volume, with only 500 GB, it might get tight; Just a question…    

Edited by kickremi

If it were me, I'd install a clean X-Plane 11 in a new folder, re-download the SMP 4.5 installer, and run it to install into your new installation - just as a sanity check. Like Cameron, I've never heard of this happening either - it's something really weird going on, but I'm not sure what.

2 minutes ago, sundog said:

If it were me, I'd install a clean X-Plane 11 in a new folder, re-download the SMP 4.5 installer, and run it to install into your new installation - just as a sanity check. Like Cameron, I've never heard of this happening either - it's something really weird going on, but I'm not sure what.

OK. I will go ahead and do that.

I did download another version of X-Plane 11 and was able to install SMP 4.5. I keep a 2nd version of X-Plane 11 on hand for betas. I tried to install 4.5 on that and got a similar response after uninstalling the previous version. I haven't had a chance to work with SMP 4.5 yet. Is it possible that the previous version of SMP left something behind after uninstalling it?

Edited by 777-300
edit

I honestly don't know; the installer is written and maintained by X-Aviation and I don't know much about how it works. I would imagine it might leave your settings and Gizmo installed, however, which is another plugin all X-Aviation products depend on.

You could try completely deleting your resources/plugins/SilverLining folder after un-installing; that's where SkyMaxx Pro itself resides. But I suspect it's still something specific to where your other two installations are located, or the file permissions on them.