SkyMaxx Pro v4.5 Has Been Released

Cameron

21 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Some others had this problem too... I can see the smp cirrus layer so it is actually working, but without showing clouds. So I suggest to temporarily disable other plugins and maybe performance tweaks installed into flywithlua and then try again. 

After some tests, what I found out is that the problem is Gizmo64 plugin. 

If I disable it, the clouds instantly appear, but after few seconds, they disappear again. Enabling Gizmo, nothing happen, and if I disable it again, the story repeats itself.. 

I am attaching a video, so that you can better see what I mean.

Thank you! :)

Cessna_172SP_1..._converted.mp4

After some tests, what I found out is that the problem is Gizmo64 plugin. 

If I disable it, the clouds instantly appear, but after few seconds, they disappear again. Enabling Gizmo, nothing happen, and if I disable it again, the story repeats itself.. 

I am attaching a video, so that you can better see what I mean.

Thank you! [emoji4]

Cessna_172SP_1..._converted.mp4

No, not the case. When you disable Gizmo you also disable SkyMaxx Pro, so the clouds you see appearing are default clouds.

24 minutes ago, sundog said:

No clouds appearing except cirrus is a symptom of a problem with your license check, most often. My advice is to open a support ticket when that happens so X-A can look into the particulars.

I opened a ticket, thanks for your advice! :)

• 1 month later...

Never seen or heard about anything like that. Are you sure it's SMP that's causing that? If so, seeing your log.txt file might shed some light on what's going on - or start by making sure your video drivers are up to date. If you're running with HDR off, try putting HDR on by increasing the graphics quality setting in X-Plane.

7 hours ago, sundog said:

Are you sure it's SMP that's causing that? If so, seeing your log.txt file might shed some light on what's going on - or start by making sure your video drivers are up to date. If you're running with HDR off, try putting HDR on by increasing the graphics quality setting in X-Plane.

Thanks for your reply. I have no idea what's causing the problem. I have HDR on, and XP rendering settings are nearly maxed out. I'm running an NVidia GT755M (2GB) graphics card with the latest drivers; not top-of-the line, but in my 3+ years of using it with XP 10 and SMP I've never experienced anything like this (not even in the 3 months or so since the last SMP update). If I have time this evening I will attempt to reproduce and attach the log file (my post here was just a first crack to see if this is a known problem with perhaps a known solution).

2 hours ago, sundog said:

You might try re-installing SMP, in case some resource it needs got corrupted on your drive somehow.

Okay, thanks--if all else fails, I'll give this a try. Also, and perhaps importantly, I neglected to mention earlier that these gaps in cloud rendering (e.g., as shown in the image above) go away by adjusting my camera view ever so slightly (e.g., by panning up/down, or left/right, with  my mouse). In other words, the anomaly is visible only from certain viewing angles. Don't know if this is indicative of a culprit, but seems worth mentioning.

Edited by kentwerickson

14 hours ago, kentwerickson said:

Okay, thanks--if all else fails, I'll give this a try. Also, and perhaps importantly, I neglected to mention earlier that these gaps in cloud rendering (e.g., as shown in the image above) go away by adjusting my camera view ever so slightly (e.g., by panning up/down, or left/right, with  my mouse). In other words, the anomaly is visible only from certain viewing angles. Don't know if this is indicative of a culprit, but seems worth mentioning.

That might suggest that some object in your scenery is corrupting X-Plane's graphic state. Does this only occur when you're over some specific custom scenery package or custom airport?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sundog said:

That might suggest that some object in your scenery is corrupting X-Plane's graphic state. Does this only occur when you're over some specific custom scenery package or custom airport?

As mentioned, I have noticed this problem (so far) only at KPHX (Phoenix AZ, MisterX6 scenery) and KTUS (Tuscon AZ). I tried again last night (both airports) and had no similar problems. However, the weather/cloud layer was also different (don't know if that matters). For now, I'll just write this off as a scenery issue and report back should it reoccur (if it does, I will be sure to immediately re-test with all third-party addons disabled). But thanks again, all the same, for your support.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:18 PM, kentwerickson said:

As mentioned, I have noticed this problem (so far) only at KPHX (Phoenix AZ, MisterX6 scenery) and KTUS (Tuscon AZ). I tried again last night (both airports) and had no similar problems. However, the weather/cloud layer was also different (don't know if that matters). For now, I'll just write this off as a scenery issue and report back should it reoccur (if it does, I will be sure to immediately re-test with all third-party addons disabled). But thanks again, all the same, for your support.

Do you reinstall SMP and did it help. I have flying from KPHL to KSEA and received what you are describing. After I land I am going to reinstall. Just wondered if the reinstall helped? 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Sierra 10.12.5
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Log.txt

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.18.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.20.57 PM.png

I've started seeing this myself with the X-Plane 11.02 update. In my case it only happens when thunderstorms are around, and I don't see any in your screenshot, so I'm not sure it's the same thing. However I do have a fix for the issue I'm seeing here queued up for the upcoming 4.6 release.

If you are flying over custom scenery, that is another possible explanation if something in that scenery causes state issues in X-Plane 11.02.

• Upvote 1

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic