SkyMaxx Pro v4.5 Has Been Released

Cameron

17 hours ago, Agrajag said:

What Update button??? I get a pop-up in the upper right that says:

X-Aviation License 

Your license has been updated.

=========================

That's it. No buttons to push. Just the box that I have to clear every time I load the game. 

x-aviation license.JPG

I too find this annoying - where is the check box to get rid of it, albeit for 2 weeks?

1 hour ago, Agrajag said:

Wow. I'm either talking with a child or a failed programmer. Not quite sure which yet, but the chip on your shoulder is immense.

Aside from the fact I'm talking to a seemingly ignorant individual, I do not have a chip on my shoulder. You just seem to have a comprehension level less than that of my brothers pre-school child. Given your age, it's also not so likely you'll change, either.

This topic is about much more than a push notification

No, you're trying to MAKE it more than a push notification. Your gripe was the notification. That's what sparked this. Because you're too cool for school to click your mouse twice a month.

and the reason you want the rest to be moot is that you don't have answers for any of the rest. So noted. 

The more you type, the more stupid comes out. This is literally that.

Again, you don't know anything about me, but constantly want to compare resumes like any insecure child would.

I only know what you've publicly gloated about yourself. Remember, you did that before I ever said a darned thing. The whole holier than thou comes from you, not I. You're the one who wanted it to be known about your profound greatness in life about researching or writing on these things.

What's my favorite color? Where do I spend my summers? What's my vocational background? You know none of this, but make this claim.

Holy s*it, Batman. Talk about proving my point on comprehension levels! We're talking about knowledge in X-Plane DRM and you want to start asking questions about your favorite color or where you spend your time? Lame. What a poor argument.

(and you know it's not a small number)

Go ahead and count them. It's small. Wouldn't even amount to 1% of our customer base.

Anyone can re-read this thread that cares to and that is what they will see.

I really hope they do read it thoroughly. It's quite evident who the child is if they do. You were on a tirade before I entered this convo about how you can't possibly use a product with a notification that requires your mouse click.

Unlike many people you likely have been able to bully off, it failed with me and you don't know how to handle that.

Well, you're gone I guess, right? :)

but those are the facts.

Yes, you're very skewed, silly version of facts. Thank the lord those speaking about you both in PM and now through alternate channels are mocking what a crazy goof you seem to come off like. It's not just me.

I don't want to be your customer any longer and you don't want me as one.

Hopefully you're done now.

9 minutes ago, 45South said:

I too find this annoying - where is the check box to get rid of it, albeit for 2 weeks?

Hi there!

Simply move your mouse to the right hand of the screen to bring the Gizmo menu up, and then click on the preferences icon. De-select the option for checking the license at each startup. :) Easy, peasy!

7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Hi there!

Simply move your mouse to the right hand of the screen to bring the Gizmo menu up, and then click on the preferences icon. De-select the option for checking the license at each startup. :) Easy, peasy!

Ah sweet - thanks! I was looking in the skymax options pulldown.

Funny that in the end a real option was finally offered which will certainly make the people that liked my posts, those that clearly stated they agreed with the concern and the countless people we all know agree, but choose not to get involved, happy.

Had Ben been the one to respond none of this would have been necessary.

A simple response that said "Thanks for the input. We can understand why someone might feel this way and will consider adding an option to turn off notification of the license update" would have ended this discussion in a couple posts.

That is the final damming fact of this entire affair.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Agrajag said:

Funny that in the end a real option was finally offered which will certainly make the people that liked my posts, those that clearly stated they agreed with the concern and the countless people we all know agree, but choose not to get involved, happy.

A simple response that said "Thanks for the input. We can understand why someone might feel this way and will consider adding an option to turn off notification of the license update" would have ended this discussion in a couple posts.

You shit post all over the org. You didn't help AT ALL.

I was asleep while you were busy blowing this WAY out of proportion.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane users are quite vocal. We have had thousands of activations on this new setup in one days time. I have received exactly ONE email about this notification and asking how to get rid of it. Care to guess who from? You.

There have been THREE people asking about how to dismiss it a bit easier across forums.

There have been numerous people, especially in your org topic, telling you to literally "get a grip", or "get over it".

You blew something up over a mouse click. Like a child with a temper tantrum because mommy made him tie his shoe before going outside.

Ben did reply to this early. Tons of people did and still are talking about you behind your back. What's sad is you are blinded by being able to see how bad the antics you pulled really make you look.

If I had read this thread before reading your OK Cupid profile I'd call BS all day long like playing a poker match. One things for sure...you really love to write about yourself. ;)

Cameron, I don't give a damn how many e-mails you got. NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING excuses YOUR behavior in this thread. You can believe whatever you want to believe about me, but you don't control me. You control you and you're supposed to be the professional here. Your actions in thread bear out what people have said about you for years. "Terrible Customer Support" posts with your name associated with them litter the internet in numbers that dwarf this tiny thread. None of it resonates with you so I'm not at all surprised at how this resolved.

This stands as yet another in an endless litany of examples of how not to handle challenging customer service issues. I'm just glad your remaining customers will get an option that finally works the way it should have from the start. 

• Downvote 2

Cameron, I don't give a damn how many e-mails you got. NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING excuses YOUR behavior in this thread. You can believe whatever you want to believe about me, but you don't control me. You control you and you're supposed to be the professional here. Your actions in thread bear out what people have said about you for years. "Terrible Customer Support" posts with your name associated with them litter the internet in numbers that dwarf this tiny thread. None of it resonates with you so I'm not at all surprised at how this resolved.

This stands as yet another in an endless litany of examples of how not to handle challenging customer service issues. I'm just glad your remaining customers will get an option that finally works the way it should have from the start. 

Hot air. Lots of it.

And blind like a bat too.

You have lost so much perspective in life it seems, especially statistically. The "dwarfing" numbers is so infinitely dwarfed in comparison to our costumer base or even product orders. There will always be a few. You're one of them.

This situation certainly wasn't challenging. Just challenged.

A mouse click. A MOUSE CLICK! You're off the rocker, dude.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

You control you and you're supposed to be the professional here.

So... you want to say Cameron has to be nice and polite and you have the right to be that impertinent and you, only you, are allowed to say wahtever you want, even if that is nonsense? 

He actually did that. He gave a simple explanation why the popup behaves like it does and he stated clearly that this is a design decision. You did not like this decision and you immediately said that you won't buy X-Aviation products anymore, you want to replace SMP and you were very disappointed. And then you freaked out step by step... 

And all that because of a single mouse click. 

I really don't want to offend you... but this is a bit like a child start crying because it does not get what it wants and that does not stop until it gets it. Btw... did you notice Ben's post where he says he will implement an option to solve your problem? So, be happy, you will get what you fought for. 

7 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

Seems to be working fine. And the license updating at sim start is now off by default so I had to opt in. Is that as intended? 

Yes. This is by design.

I want people to have an automated but more private update.

The default is now to only fire off a check if the license has <= 2 days left.

This means the check doesn't happen "every time I start the sim".

I'd rather not wake up to another massive fuss tomorrow. :)

To be clear, defaults are:
[ON] Auto check if <= 2 days remaining.
[OFF] Auto check every time sim starts.
[ON] Notify me when license is updated.

Edited by Ben Russell

You are a little baby!!

Get a life. All of this fuss over you having to click a mouse button!!

I'm picking up on some emotional instability here.......

All this effort over a mouse click is scary, especially since the issue is easily fixed if it really bothers you....

My hope is you're ok, seriously.......Might be a good idea to put the keyboard down for awhile and go tackle something productive.....

35 minutes ago, JohnMAXX said:

I'm picking up on some emotional instability here.......

All this effort over a mouse click is scary, especially since the issue is easily fixed if it really bothers you....

My hope is you're ok, seriously.......Might be a good idea to put the keyboard down for awhile and go tackle something productive.....

There's definitely something "off" about him. He's also out starting conspiracy theories now too.

Someone just alerted me to this little quote in his last post at the org:

@Agrajag said:

It's also interesting to see what transpired. SEVERAL of the so-called people that responded in that thread are EXTREMELY suspect. They have low post counts and all of their posts are in X-Aviation-related threads and most often in direct response to support of one of Cameron's posts. Isn't that amazingly coincidental? I also find it HIGHLY disturbing that this guy stalked me online! Is that really the kind of person you want to support? 

So apparently now each person in this thread is a fake because they didn't agree with this dude's childish antics. He seems to insinuate the accounts are fake. I don't know who thinks that way, but perhaps this guy does that himself in other venues and tries to lay blame on normal people in society who actually can see this guy for what he is.

Sorry to all those in this thread being accused of fake. We appreciate your support and patronage during this little bump with a childish adult. :)

Just now, JohnMAXX said:

The long winded replies and manipulative nature screams of some special Canadian we both are aware of.....lol just kidding but maybe.....lol!

Haha, ya, not that guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if very alike in person. ;)

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic