SkyMaxx Pro v4.5 Has Been Released

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 4.5 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v4 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v4 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 4.5 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro 4 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Procedural sky box (based on the Hosek model) to accurately simulate sky colors for any time, place, and weather
  • Improved blending of distant clouds into the sky
  • Cloud draw distance increased by 20%
  • Stutters with high cloud draw area settings reduced
  • More realistic and distinctive representation of “HD cloud puffs” stratiform clouds
  • More variety of cloud shapes and positions
  • New, much-improved cloud textures for “crisp” and “soft” cumulus clouds
  • Added glare effect surrounding the sun
  • Our own ephemeris model, for accurate placement of the sun, moon, stars, and planets at night
  • Accurate moon phases and orientation of the moon
  • Various bug fixes and graphical polish

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, S3rg1o said:

The x-aviation licensing box, keeps poping up all the time... how can I permnently remove it ?

Hi there,

Please send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com along with an attachment of your Gizmo Log.txt (in your main X-Plane folder).

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Okay, yes....

If you are experiencing the box not going away...simply click "Update" on the box and all should be well now. I have made an adjustment on the server which it will re-download.

Should be solved now!

Thank you sir! 4.5 is simply beautiful to fly with... nicely done! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bstratmann said:

Again I don't get a single cloud - it is so annoying, again I will delete all SkyMaxx Stuff (as I did with former versions). On a 32GB machine SkyMaxx complains about memory issues...

btw: I am an X-Plane add-on developer and know how plugins work. This one does not.

Strange, I am getting loads of well optimised clouds. Maybe it's because I am not a developer and have no idea how plug ins work.

Guys, I don't want to be pathetic, but I've had this discussion along with tech details earlier and there was no solution. I'm totally aware that SkyMAXX produces great results on probably almost all machines. And I know how important a smart community is, but sometimes things are annoying - maybe for a single user.

17 minutes ago, bstratmann said:

Again I don't get a single cloud - it is so annoying

I had this also when I run into the troubles regarding VCredist installation. The installer quits if it can't install the vcredist 2015 and the there are missing files in the silverlining plugin. This is more a fault of the vc installer. In the past, there where no troubles installing those runtimes in parallel, but in this case the 2015 runtime installer seems to need a newer version uninstalled before it can be run. So I had to uninstall a 2017 vcredist before. For me it seems as if the 2017 runtime identifies itself as a 2015 version internally and only shows up as 2017 version in the windows software control panel. I also think the problem could be solved if the SkyMaxx installer would not end if the runtime can't be installed so all silver lining files are copied. 

What Update button??? I get a pop-up in the upper right that says:

X-Aviation License 

Your license has been updated.

=========================

That's it. No buttons to push. Just the box that I have to clear every time I load the game. 

x-aviation license.JPG

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic