Announcing SkyMaxx Pro v4.5!

Cameron

23 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

I have more or less the same performance as I had before but, when the GPU is limiting (mine is slightly in the limit with the AFL C172 in XP11) the fast clouds are improving performance greatly. The only thing is I like the crisp cloud style so my question is: Is it somehow possible to get fast clouds also with crisp cloud textures in a future update? 

The textures are really the only difference between those settings to begin with! "Fast" just uses a much smaller resolution texture that can get pushed around more quickly on your GPU.

So, the fast clouds are still volumetric? I don't know where exactly, but somewhere was stated that the fast clouds were somewhat more simple. So, if this is just a different cloud texture, is it possible to have the crisp textures downsized for a second fast clouds option? 

1 minute ago, FlyAgi said:

So, the fast clouds are still volumetric? I don't know where exactly, but somewhere was stated that the fast clouds were somewhat more simple. So, if this is just a different cloud texture, is it possible to have the crisp textures downsized for a second fast clouds option? 

"Soft" is in the middle as far as texture resolution goes. All 3 approaches are volumetric in nature.

Here wonderful pictures of approach EDWB Bremerhaven.  Absolutely realistic sky in my Home region. Soft fog and superb transition - what more do you want?

The sky colors are my own mix.

Very good improvement and now very realistic. Congratulation development team!

smilie_op_039.gif

X-Plane 2017-05-29 11-00-35-49.jpg

X-Plane 2017-05-29 11-04-05-77.jpg

X-Plane 2017-05-29 11-05-49-92.jpg

• Upvote 1

The Thunder Storm representation seems a bit excessive - I've been testing different aspects it's weather generation and if you are in a mid size GA aircraft (PC-12)flying into a T-storm.... well forget about it. There's no warning, no clouds, and nothing on radar... Then all of a sudden you right in the middle of a cell... no chance to turn away, it just slams you to the ground. Outside of that poorly represented aspect.. The CLOUDS are AWESOME looking and a much better looking sky. Just watch out for the sneaky t-storms that slam you to the ground.

Edited by MercuryOneOne

On 1.6.2017 at 11:31 PM, MercuryOneOne said:

The Thunder Storm representation seems a bit excessive - I've been testing different aspects it's weather generation and if you are in a mid size GA aircraft (PC-12)flying into a T-storm.... well forget about it. There's no warning, no clouds, and nothing on radar... Then all of a sudden you right in the middle of a cell... no chance to turn away, it just slams you to the ground. Outside of that poorly represented aspect.. The CLOUDS are AWESOME looking and a much better looking sky. Just watch out for the sneaky t-storms that slam you to the ground.

Hi MercuryOneOne,

I think, this is not only limited to SkyMaxx Pro, but also happens with XP Default Weather. Had this yesterday on a weather reload with 30mins refresh timeout. The stormfront seems to be shifted in the meanwhile right into my sky :). Fortunately I found myself in a liner, so my impact was not as deadly as yours.

Have you checked "Never change weather where you fly (or similar)" in RWC?

Cheers,
Michael