Announcing SkyMaxx Pro v4.5!

Cameron

11 minutes ago, MercuryOneOne said:

That new X-Aviation Licencing Update keeps popping-up after I close it (X-out) and it says I have version 3 after installing version 4. Any Ideas????

happening to me too...

SOLVED: Quit and re-started X-Plane.

Edited by Iridium

I also have both problems. The vcredist stuff can be solved by uninstalling any vcredist x64 2015 and 2017 and then try again. After I had successfully installed I got the activation popup all the time and it does NOT list skymaxx pro. Also, I have no clouds at all, plugin admin finds smp though.

Everything is finally solved. And, the new clouds are really awesome.

Edited by FlyAgi

In normal cases I install those runtimes manually from microsoft, but it could not find a download for the 2017 version. And I don't know where it comes from. The problem here ist the SMP installer quitting if it can't install the runtime so some files for silver lining are not copied. If you have the 2017 installer somewhere (maybe in a steam game in the redist folder) you should be able to reinstall it after the smp installer was succesfull. 

Also, the SMP installer brought me a newer version of vc 2015 than I had installed before, so regarding this version I should not get into troubles. If the 2017 version is needed by some apps, I have to find out where the installer is. Or does anybody know a link to an official vcredist 2017 download form Microsoft?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

I also have both problems. The vcredist stuff can be solved by uninstalling any vcredist x64 2015 and 2017 and then try again.

14 hours ago, MercuryOneOne said:

Also I get an error during the install of 4.5 - " v4.5/vcredit_x64.exe/q/norestart: Program ended with an error exit code "

Any Ideas?

5 hours ago, juanra100 said:

I also get the same error "v4.5 / vcredit_x64.exe / q / norestart: Program ended with an error exit code", but it installs correctly and everything works fine.
I even won 6 or 7 FPS
;)

A new installer has been uploaded which should solve this issue.

I have more or less the same performance as I had before but, when the GPU is limiting (mine is slightly in the limit with the AFL C172 in XP11) the fast clouds are improving performance greatly. The only thing is I like the crisp cloud style so my question is: Is it somehow possible to get fast clouds also with crisp cloud textures in a future update?