[Temporary]IXEG 737 in X-Plane 11 How to get it work

I have only X Plane 11 installed right now. I think it is far superior to X Plane 10 in so many areas that I ignore the areas were it is a step back. So I would very much like to have a reliable 737 that works as I expect, even in non-standard procedures. I also noticed the strange behavior while taxiing (in part due to the exaggerated slopes on taxi paths in some airports of X Plane 11). There is also quite a lot asymmetrical engine spool-up after the fix above, more than is realistic. After takeoff there is a problem with the lift close to the ground. And flaring is not quite realistic. But overall, I find this quite enjoyable. So, please go ahead and work on the X Plane 11 version if possible.

Paul

Well, as you just noted yourself, XP11 still has it's flight model problems as well ;)  Not all your observations are correct, but we have come a long way on the XP11 update and once the v1.1 release dust has settled work will continue.

• Upvote 2

• Litjan pinned this topic
1 minute ago, aluisioacabral said:

Hello guys
I wanted to know if its possible to fix the problem in my 737 ixeg presents in x-plane11.
The problem is any thing that i will change  during my fight  fmc of 737 ixeg  the aircraft starts to lock and only unlock when I press execute (exec) in fmc

Hello sir,

Take a look here.

Hey Guys--

I got the aircraft working in XP11, and all is well, except when I start the engines, and get the ac ready for taxi, and advance my throttles, the two throttles move forward, but only one engine spools up respectively, if that makes sense. As power is added, only one advances, the other stays at idle, even though the throttles are both moving together. Sorry, it's a confusing problem. Just wondering if anyone found a fix for it via planemaker or anything else. I know the aircraft is not fully XP11 compatible, but one can hope for a jerry rigged fix for this issue, right? 

IXEG, you did a marvelous job on this bird, take all the time you need to get the Xp11 patch out. I read a lot of negativity about this, hopefully this positivity shines a little bit of light for you all. 

IXEG 1.1

Edited by awilks01
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, awilks01 said:

Hey Guys--

I got the aircraft working in XP11, and all is well, except when I start the engines, and get the ac ready for taxi, and advance my throttles, the two throttles move forward, but only one engine spools up respectively, if that makes sense. As power is added, only one advances, the other stays at idle, even though the throttles are both moving together. Sorry, it's a confusing problem. Just wondering if anyone found a fix for it via planemaker or anything else. I know the aircraft is not fully XP11 compatible, but one can hope for a jerry rigged fix for this issue, right? 

IXEG, you did a marvelous job on this bird, take all the time you need to get the Xp11 patch out. I read a lot of negativity about this, hopefully this positivity shines a little bit of light for you all. 

Hi and thanks for the nice words.

If you post in this thread, which is aptly named "ixeg-737-in-x-plane-11-how-to-get-it-work", I trust that you have read the first post and followed the instructions given there?

Just want to make sure before I spend the time to dive deeper into the problem you still seem to be having.

Cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hi and thanks for the nice words.

If you post in this thread, which is aptly named "ixeg-737-in-x-plane-11-how-to-get-it-work", I trust that you have read the first post and followed the instructions given there?

Just want to make sure before I spend the time to dive deeper into the problem you still seem to be having.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

I have taken the steps outlined in the first post

Austin

Hi Austin,

that is really odd - usually this happens when the "idle values" are not adjusted via planemaker - the engines idle so low then, that advancing the throttle is just "choking" them and they won´t rev up.

Can you post a screenshots of your enigine instruments at idle thrust, please?

Thanks, Jan

4 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Austin,

that is really odd - usually this happens when the "idle values" are not adjusted via planemaker - the engines idle so low then, that advancing the throttle is just "choking" them and they won´t rev up.

Thanks, Jan

Here you go, Jan

Austin

B733_2.png

18 minutes ago, awilks01 said:

Here you go, Jan

Austin

Austin, as per your screen capture it seems the engine adjustments required on planemaker were not made. The aircraft idle is too low N1 % is 11 should be around 21

can you open planemaker again and confirm:

-you did not configure another field?

-were both values set hi & lo?

-make sure you save the changes via planemaker menu before you exit.

hope this helps

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

Hi Austin,

Thanks, Jan

Hi Ian,

I noticed the same issue with "choking" while taxiing after landing in XP10, so maybe this is not XP11 specific problem. I even have a video on twitch.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Works like a charm! Many thanks!

Perhaps one minor issue, not sure if this is xpx11 related or if it was already like this in xp10:

I have the fuel setup in kg. in the PERF page I can setup the amount in kg (tonnes). the totalizer is also in KG as are the gauges on the main panel.

In the PROGRESS page, FROM waypoint is als in KG, however, the next waypoints and the destination show in LBS...

Anyone else seeing this?

fuel bug.jpg

Edited by PilotNL

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic