New CFI

Iridium

I'm too excited not to announce this, so here it is:
As of last Thursday, I am a certified flight instructor. After nearly a decade of flying, four years at university, and tons of debt, I have achieved my penultimate goal and I am now certified to train new pilots. The oral exam went great, and the flight was just as great. And completing this certificate satisfied my final university credit. I already have an interview scheduled with my flight school (next Monday), and on top of that, I qualify for the R-ATP, so upon receiving an additional ≈650 hours, I will automatically be hired by Horizon Air as part of a conditional job agreement I entered with them. I'll finally be paying off my student loans, paying back my parents, and earning a living.

• Upvote 3

I want to clarify, although I'm following the very common path of instructing briefly before flying for an airline, I intend to put my all into flight instructing. It's something I will be continuing after I get to Horizon (in a different capacity), and it's something I am very excited and passionate about. Being an instructor isn't just a means to an end for me; it's a new way of being a pilot and something at which I will work hard to keep improving.

I have my CFI job interview in a couple hours. I'm expecting it to go well.

If anyone here has an opinion about debriefing apps like CloudAhoy, I'm open to hear them. I want to be the most effective CFI possible and use as many (worthwhile) resources as is practical.

Edited by Iridium