DC3 download and installation

Late-2011 15" MacBook Pro, XP10.51r2

I run the installer from the Finder> Downloads, the X-Aviation splash screen appears then is replaced by the message "There has been an error. Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt file."

I've restarted the computer, deleted and redownloaded the file, but I get the same result every time I try to run the installer.

Ideas?

Edited by Print744

Nope, no joy. I made Unarchiver the default .zip application and put Winzip (temporarily) in the Trash, redownloaded, same result. It's only with X-Aviation products that this has ever occurred, other .zip files open just fine.

Edited by Print744

Hi

This from the system log - otherwise I can't see any other messages..

May 20 09:43:31 Dom-Henrys-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.bitrock.appinstaller.21896[11541]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
May 20 09:43:41 Dom-Henrys-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[11559]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 9.52.21 am.png

• 2 years later...

Hi

Was there any resolution to this problem in the end?  It's now late 2019 and I have the same problem with this installer on MacOS.  The LES Saab340 installer runs fine.  The DC-3 one looks to be pretty old - the last modified date appears to be 2013. 

UPDATE: I appear to have 'resolved' the problem (or rather worked-around) by:

- right-click setup-osx

- Show Package Contents

- Open the MacOS folder and dbl-click the osx-intel executable

--> the 'normal' x-aviation installer then seems to launch ok.

Edited by TPAPA1C