Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cpt. Oveur

Missing / wrong sounds and other things

6 posts in this topic

Hey folks!

Maybe something for the next update:
- The missing single "click sound" in the cockpit at lift off (landing gear lever lock opening to allow the gear lever to be moved beyond the OFF position to UP)
- More bumps and rattles during the take off roll (barely audible right now)
- Pack sounds: I'm missing the sound of the running motor when turning on/off the packs (right now I can hear the sound of the air flow only but there's a motor running in the background which you can clearly hear on the flight deck)
- More rumble / bass at full reverse
- Wrong speedbrake auto stow requirements ? I need to push two thrust levers foward instead of one... BTW, sometimes there's also kind of a mechanical sound when pushing the levers forward, even if the speedbrake lever is in down position.

Please don't get me wrong! I love the IXEG 737 and it's well ahead of all other XP-aircraft in each aspect but in my opinion it could be done much more realistic with a few small improvements.

I'm not a 737-rated pilot but I have countless hours on the jumpseat and also a few hours on the full-motion simulator. I can provide you some links to videos if you wan't.

Thanks a lot! :-)

Cheers,
Matt

Edited by Cpt. Oveur

10 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

there is an air flow volume slider on the aircraft preferences menu.

Sorry, but you answer makes no sense.

34 minutes ago, Cpt. Oveur said:

Sorry, but you answer makes no sense.

ops... sorry on my fast read i initially understood you were asking to reduce pack flow sounds hiding the motors (engines). This was a common request on the initial release and the devs included the slider

Edited by mmerelles

Thanks for the suggestions, Matt, I second your observations for the most part.

We are looking to overhaul the sounds for the "full XP11 upgrade patch" - will most likely use the new FMOD sound engine to do that.

The mechanical sound (like a "whirrrr") is the auto stow mechanism (the speed brake actuator) running when advancing thrust levers beyond takeoff warning horn setting - it is independent of actual speedbrake lever position and will run if the speedbrake was "auto deployed" before (and then possibly lowered to the down detent manually).

I will check the logic of the autostow with regard to thrustlever advancement, you are right, either lever should stow them.

Thanks for your input and the nice words about the 737,

Cheers, Jan

Hi Matt

I use a payware addon called XP Realistic.  It does all the sound and effects you want, for all your addon aircraft.  It is highly adjustable so you can tune them to your liking.

For the 737, I enable the ground roll effect (type of nose, rattles and squeaks can be adjusted, cockpit shake can be adjusted), front wheel well rumble (think IXEG simulate this anyway), wind noise, again, 5 different types of noise can be selected and choose any volume, flap drag rumble, speed brake rumble, turbulence, touch down effect etc etc etc.

Each noise can be simulated at any time so you can have it all setup before flight.