Autopilot disconnect joystick throttle don't function

Lorenzo.D

On take off i add thrust with my throttle joystick and after 40% n1 i push n1 button i assigned on my joy.

In that case the throttle work.

If i disconnect autopilot ( with disconnect bar or assigned button on joy from ixeg 737 list command) and turn off utothrottle the joystick throttle don t move the 737 fisic throttle...(no n1 increase or decrease)and i must turn on autothrottle again.

Win 7 64bit x plane 10

Takeoff thrust.

-Map any button of your liking to TOGA, these are the small buttons on the throttle levers that when hit set TOGA thrust (TakeOff or GoAround) depending the phase of flight. This is how pilots do on real life.

sim/engines/TOGA_power

A/P disconnect. 

Never use the disengage bar, this will kill FDs among other things. This is a hard shutoff in case of an issue with ap

Map any button of your liking to ixeg/733/autopilot/AP_disengage. (first clic it will disconnect a/p and you will hear the classic warning aural sound, the second clic will confirm and clear the alarm)

This will emulate the button on the yoke the real aircraft has and pilots use for disconnecting A/P on final approach without removing the flying hand from the yoke.

A/T disconnect.

While on final and ready to take control of the throttles.

Map any button of your liking to ixeg/733/autopilot/at_disengage

This emulates the black buttons on the throttle levers sides labeled A/T disconnect ->

note: once you disconnect A/T you need to move your hardware levers until they sync the aircraft levers current position, then you regain control automatically. This is to prevent a thrust spike. You will see the throttle ghosts in screen for rapid and easy sync while you move your hardware levers

hope this helps

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling
  • Upvote 1

Hi Lorenzo, 

Did you know, that you need to "capture" the throttle when turning AT off? 

To do so do the following: If the throttle setting in the sim is "higher" than the throttle setting on your joystick, you have to move the throttle forward, beyond the actual settings in the sim. This will cause the throttle in the sim to be "captured" and your joystick throttle will work correct from then on. 

See this video from Jan for further explanation: 

Cheers,
Chris

Edited by partTimePilot
Added video
  • Upvote 1