pixelated/ flashing boxes on clouds

boeingornotgoing

2 hours ago, boeingornotgoing said:

frank- just fyi. the pdf documentation of smp still says v 4.1

I know! We'll fix that in our next update. Originally this release was going to be called 4.1. The documentation is accurate, apart from the version number.

• 3 weeks later...

10 hours ago, petesbodyparts said:

Can confirm same here where the issue only appears in HDR OFF.

It's odd; some Mac users report clouds don't appear at all with HDR off, and some report graphical artifacts. Naturally, it works perfectly here with HDR on or off, so I'm really not sure what's different about the Mac models that have trouble with it.

However - with XP 11, you should be able to run with HDR on without a problem. So for now I'd stick with that as a workaround if this is affecting you.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sundog said:

It's odd; some Mac users report clouds don't appear at all with HDR off, and some report graphical artifacts. Naturally, it works perfectly here with HDR on or off, so I'm really not sure what's different about the Mac models that have trouble with it.

However - with XP 11, you should be able to run with HDR on without a problem. So for now I'd stick with that as a workaround if this is affecting you.

yeah it is weird,   well do thanks, just wanted to give you more data

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2017 at 9:56 PM, sundog said:

Could it be the new 2017 iMac's with the Radeon Pro R580 video cards? I'm only seeing this issue since upgrading from an 2013 NVIDIA iMac to the 2017 model. Also with SMP 4.5 active. Also, if I then switch HDR back off, you still see SMP clouds, but there is also  cloud 'ghosting' on the screen (not sure how to explain it - looks like very light-grey clouds like they are burnt into the screen) until you quit and restart.

I don't think so - the post that kicked off this thread was a 2015 model. FWIW our iMac here is a 2016.

We'll do some additional testing prior to releasing our next version to see if we can manage to replicate this somehow. But for now, run with HDR on if you're experiencing this.