Questions for Jan please

avantime

Hi Jan,

Many thanks for your continued support on the forums, I just got a few questions with regards to the v1.1 patch, however I couldn't post over at the "Update Xplane 11 Final" thread since it's locked.

1) Since you stated so many times that it's a XP10 product, wouldn't it be better to just release v1.1 for XP10 only and leave the "XP11 ninja fixes" in a later update, say v1.2? Gizmo for XP10 is still working perfectly fine.

2) Any chance we could have a look at the patch notes, as you said that "The patch is ready to go out"?

3) What's the long-term plan post-v1.1 patch? The LES guys mentioned that there will be a major paid XP11 upgrade to the Saab, after their own "ninja fix" XP11 compatibility patch. Will IXEG go the same way? I don't mind paying extra for a major XP11 upgrade, but the XP10 base aircraft must be feature complete and mostly free of bugs beforehand - say PMDG type of polish. -400/-500/Cargo/QC would be nice as a paid expansion.

4) Can you please open a sticky thread for users to post their own "ninja fixes" after v1.1? It would help tremendously if there's one single place for customers to share their own XP11 fixes.

5) Any comments on these 2 issues: F/O instruments (I fly on the F/O side due to restrictions in my hardware setup, but it's less functional) and cabin night lighting?

Edited by avantime

26 minutes ago, alpha12125 said:

since Ben mentioned that you will be able to deactivate licenses in future gizmo updates, you need the new version of Gizmo even in XP10 since it will decrease the workload quite abit and make your life easier. 

I expect the coming Gizmo + DRM update to work fine in XP10 with maybe some minor visual concessions given to XP11 priority.

XP11 tweaked the screen layout ever so slightly.

Hi,

here are just my quick answers:

1.) The ninja-fixes aren´t hurting XP10 functionality EXCEPT that it won´t be possible to turn left/right during pushback, anymore. I think this is a worthy tradeoff, though.

2.) I have the list ready and will publish it just before we are ready to push the patch out - doing it now will just cause anguish (look-but-don´t-touch type of anguish...) Some people can´t deal with that sort of thing very well and I don´t like the negativity that is springing from that. I will shoot a new preview movie highlighting some stuff soon, though.

3.) Post 1.1 I expect to see an "official" XP11 "compatibility" patch that will fix some things that can´t go in a XP10 patch (drag, annuciator brightness,...). After that we will work on a full XP11 patch (materials, sound) and that should also incorporate more 3D work (cabin, doors, etc.)

4.) Good idea - we will also sticky the necessary steps to get it working in XP11, so that info won´t get buried in a mound of (sometimes not really helpful) comments

5.) F/O instruments should be working just as well as CPT´s side - except for the WXR radar and EGPWS display. This is a fundamental issue that may not be resolved anytime soon. Cabin night lighting will happen, most likely with the new cabin (not in 1.1).

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 4

On 9.5.2017 at 7:45 PM, Litjan said:

1.) The ninja-fixes aren´t hurting XP10 functionality EXCEPT that it won´t be possible to turn left/right during pushback, anymore. I think this is a worthy tradeoff, though.

Is that in XP11 only or XP10 aswell? - Need to get another p/b plugin to do the job then.

8 minutes ago, Andrey Novikov said:

Yet another question regarding recent TCAS video: I do not know how X-Plane TCAS system work, so I wonder will it work with X-Life and Vatsim traffic?

I havent tried X-life, but it works on Vatsim, Ivao and PilotEdge.

Pretty sure it works with x-life also if x-life is using standard multiplayer datarefs.

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-12 at 6:50 PM, Ben311 said:

Is that in XP11 only or XP10 aswell? - Need to get another p/b plugin to do the job then.

I wish someone would release a generic pushback tool based on the FlyJSim "ghost plane" idea. It's absolute genius - it lets you see where the plane will end up after the pushback, and it lets you experience the push-back from the flight deck (more importantly, it lets you start the engines during the pushback). If it was too difficult to draw a silhouette of the actual plane, then a simple arrow showing the position and direction of the nose wheel would still do the job.

• Upvote 1