Brighter Textures

After a few people have asked for a texture adjustment in the cockpit, I decided to address the issue.  

First, PLEASE BACK UP ALL ORIGINAL TEXTURES AND PLACE THEM SOMEWHERE SAFE OUTSIDE OF YOUR X PLANE FOLDER!!!

Download THIS ZIP file, extract all files and place them in the DC3 "objects" folder, overwriting the files when prompted.  Again, ensure you have backed up your original textures!!

These textures are made only for the WHEELS version.  DO NOT place them in the floats version.  

Feedback welcome.

Enjoy!

Edited by Goran_M
  • Upvote 2

On 11-5-2017 at 5:56 AM, Goran_M said:

Hello Goran_M, I've installed the zip file and the view is now much more brighter. Thank you very much!!!

I've another question in relation to the darkness of the instruments. I've noticed that the cowl flaps stay dark, so you can't see in what position they are (open, trail, closed). So I've have to look each time outside the plane to check if the cowl flaps are in the appropriate setting, for instance if they are open when starting the engines. I wonder if the cowl flaps can be operated with the required settings visible?

On 10.05.2017 at 2:18 AM, dr_nerdrage said:

Thanks for this nice little change, Goran. It's much better and easier to read in XP11.

For those curious about what it looks like: tBXcUzB.jpg

Not bad. I make several months ago. Light cockpit with clear gauges glasses and Soviet Li-2 style livery. And polar variant for Antarctic flights.

111.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Oleg_Tr
  • Upvote 1

Another request in relation to the darkness of the instruments: on the overhead radio panel the buttons to switch On/Off for the radio equipment, have a black notch/mark on the side of the buttons so that you can check if the button concerning is in the On or Off position. The problem is that that notch is hardly visible even if you enlarge the view on the overhead radio panel. Is it possible to give the notch/mark a white colour so that it is much easier to switch the buttons On of Off?