Update Xplane 11 Final

So first let me say I absolutely loved this plane (Past tense) when I bought it. Even with the little bugs it was still relatively flyable with some workarounds. The team did a good job keeping up with updates and keeping everyone informed. HOWEVER these past few months have been anything but enjoyable. While $70+ is a steep price for an add on I will agree that this plane has held up to the reputation as being one of the best that Xplane has to offer. With that being said though I feel the developers are drastically gaining an image of "Well we have your money so now we're going to relax" Now I highly doubt that is the case as I know they are probably very dedicated to it and are working hard to patch this aircraft as flyable in Xplane 11. First response was that Xplane was still in beta and understandably why put a lot of time into something that may be changed by Laminar and have to rewrite everything. But that was the excuse in the past and now Xplane has been in final for almost 2 months and we have yet to hear ANY progress the developers are having with actually getting this plane at least flyable in Xplane 11. The cosmetic appearances and little details that we have been given a first look at means nothing if the aircraft isn't flyable in X-Plane 11. Most serious simmers have already migrated to the Xplane 11 platform or at the very least are in the process of it. With scenery taking a huge chunk out of most systems it's inconceivable to have both X-Plane 10 and 11 installed. So basically the ones who paid for the IXEG at release have either 2 options. Stay with an inferior X-Plane 10 or Migrate to X-Plane 11 and throw this plane in the hanger for who knows how long until the developers decide to give us any kind of update as to when this plane will be stable in X-Plane 11. Currently mines a hit or miss 20% of the time I can get it to work with minimal problems, but the majority it's constant issues (mostly with one of the engines not responding when I apply throttle even though the Throttle moves normal in plane, Throwing it into reverse until the engine is at 30% and then slamming it back forward is the only way to get any response out of it. Secondly the aircraft tends to jump around like crazy while applying thrust at low idle until the plane gets above 60% and starts moving at 5 kts) If anyone knows why it does this and a fix please tell. Again this is not meant to be a negative post, it was a great plane in X-Plane 10 but falls flat on it's face in Xplane 11 as far as stability and is one of the worst planes in Xplane 11. I havent really had to many issues with others except the Airfoil Labs 172 which "They Fixed". But as paying customers I think we should be kept in the know. With the amount of time that has gone by since the last update and the countless things that have been told I fear that IXEG is in a position to hurt their reputation even further if the next release isn't anything other than a game changer with a cabin and working doors, and should be completely stable with most if not all major issues fixed. Anything less with the amount of time and hush hush I feel would be another negative blow to a company that did make one of the best Xplane products to date. I know many people who have decided not to purchase this plane for this simple reason which is sad due to lost revenue for future products from IXEG. So as a paying customer I hope we can expect an update from the developers soon.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, dreamboxlouisville said:

So first let me say I absolutely loved this plane (Past tense) when I bought it. Even with the little bugs it was still relatively flyable with some workarounds. The team did a good job keeping up with updates and keeping everyone informed. HOWEVER these past few months have been anything but enjoyable. While $70+ is a steep price for an add on I will agree that this plane has held up to the reputation as being one of the best that Xplane has to offer. With that being said though I feel the developers are drastically gaining an image of "Well we have your money so now we're going to relax" Now I highly doubt that is the case as I know they are probably very dedicated to it and are working hard to patch this aircraft as flyable in Xplane 11. First response was that Xplane was still in beta and understandably why put a lot of time into something that may be changed by Laminar and have to rewrite everything. But that was the excuse in the past and now Xplane has been in final for almost 2 months and we have yet to hear ANY progress the developers are having with actually getting this plane at least flyable in Xplane 11. The cosmetic appearances and little details that we have been given a first look at means nothing if the aircraft isn't flyable in X-Plane 11. Most serious simmers have already migrated to the Xplane 11 platform or at the very least are in the process of it. With scenery taking a huge chunk out of most systems it's inconceivable to have both X-Plane 10 and 11 installed. So basically the ones who paid for the IXEG at release have either 2 options. Stay with an inferior X-Plane 10 or Migrate to X-Plane 11 and throw this plane in the hanger for who knows how long until the developers decide to give us any kind of update as to when this plane will be stable in X-Plane 11. Currently mines a hit or miss 20% of the time I can get it to work with minimal problems, but the majority it's constant issues (mostly with one of the engines not responding when I apply throttle even though the Throttle moves normal in plane, Throwing it into reverse until the engine is at 30% and then slamming it back forward is the only way to get any response out of it. Secondly the aircraft tends to jump around like crazy while applying thrust at low idle until the plane gets above 60% and starts moving at 5 kts) If anyone knows why it does this and a fix please tell. Again this is not meant to be a negative post, it was a great plane in X-Plane 10 but falls flat on it's face in Xplane 11 as far as stability and is one of the worst planes in Xplane 11. I havent really had to many issues with others except the Airfoil Labs 172 which "They Fixed". But as paying customers I think we should be kept in the know. With the amount of time that has gone by since the last update and the countless things that have been told I fear that IXEG is in a position to hurt their reputation even further if the next release isn't anything other than a game changer with a cabin and working doors, and should be completely stable with most if not all major issues fixed. Anything less with the amount of time and hush hush I feel would be another negative blow to a company that did make one of the best Xplane products to date. I know many people who have decided not to purchase this plane for this simple reason which is sad due to lost revenue for future products from IXEG. So as a paying customer I hope we can expect an update from the developers soon.

Maybe this will help explain a few things;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-30/cyclone-debbie-storm-continues-along-east-coast/8402528

Yes here we go again, and if this is continuing to be obviously a constant ongoing issue with multiple paying customers and have been acknowledged multiple times than maybe that says something. Again we're not DEMANDING an update but 5 minutes to keep customers who have spent more money than the actual sim itself is not asking much. Weeks-Months-Years is not an acceptable response when asking about a product that you have paid a premium for. I have less expensive planes with better support and more customer interaction than IXEG. Yes the quality is sub-par compared to IXEG but why buy something thats obsolete for many who have been complaining. Not a very good business plan in most cases.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

Totally understandable if this is whats causing the delay, but again without IXEG communicating with us and giving us accurate information they just have 5000 customers guessing and distributing false information and guessing as to whats going on. None of which is good for a company reputation.

Edited by dreamboxlouisville

Just now, dreamboxlouisville said:

Totally understandable if this is whats causing the delay, but again without IXEG communicating with us and giving us accurate information they just have 5000 customers guessing and distributing false information and guesses. None of which is good for a company reputation.

I posted in the forum during the event.

...after that I was more concerned with fresh water, food and electricity.

Sorry for the frustrations you're feeling.

• Upvote 1

Totally understandable if this is whats causing the delay, but again without IXEG communicating with us and giving us accurate information they just have 5000 customers guessing and distributing false information and guessing as to whats going on. None of which is good for a company reputation.

You know...a customer complaining no one is communicating is a rather useless statement if the customer is not making an effort to read what has already been communicated many times.

There's plenty of information posted, and very recently. This topic is done.

• Upvote 1

Hi dreambox,

First off, I gave you a reputation-click because I feel that you are touching a point that is very present for a lot of our customers.

But I would also like to add our perspective to some of your points.

I think you are correct in your assessment that our patch 1.1 for XP10 took too long already. Cameron and Ben gave the reason for the latest delay (flooding of Ben´s area), but we concede the point, it has been too long. The patch is ready to go out, Ben is working hard to update gizmo so we can roll it out ASAP. No time estimate, though.

Here is my take on XP11:

• When you bought the plane, it was "for XP10". No mention of "...and future XP versions" or "will be upgraded to future versions as soon as they come out" etc. So while we feel the moral obligation (and the business need) to update it to XP11, we don´t feel the need to do a rush job on it and reserve the right to take as long as we want.
  • We ALL have fulltime jobs. We could not allot the time for a XP11 update in due time, with some of us having other obligations that preclude serious XP-dev work for months or even years. We learned about XP11 not earlier than anyone else, and Ben warned all developers to NOT update their aircraft before XP11 was final.
  • XP11 is STILL not stable. In fact 11.01r1 just broke the landing lights of our plane - going from historical evidence we expect XP11 to stay "somewhat unstable" for another half a year, or more.
  • The 1.1 patch will bring some "ninja-fixes" for XP11 users, the worst problem being the sliding at slow speeds/in cold&dark. The remaining problems you mentioned (especially the engine problem) can be fixed with planemaker tweaks you can do yourself. The only thing that will still be off in XP11 with 1.1 will be the drag being too low and the annunciator lights being too dim.

Thank you again for the nice words about our plane (in XP10). I assure you we are working on the XP10 update and also on the XP11 compatibility patch. I may actually do my next preview video for 1.1 in XP11 just to show you how well the plane already works in it.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 14