Sky Max Pro - XP 11 / Too few clouds, too high

Chiroubles

I bought, last week, Sky Max Pro v4.0.1 for XPlane 11.
The installation took place with no problem at all but the result is not what is expected.

For exemple, if i set the weather parameters to "broken cumulus - 2500-5000 ft" I got few clouds over 5500 ft.  If I change "broken" to "overcast" same kind of problem : fewer clouds than expected, cloud layer too high.

If I disable Sky Max Pro without changing any other parameter the clouds generated by Xplane  11 are correct (density, altitude ).

My configuration
CPU :  Intel I7-3770 3.4 GHz
Memory : 32 Go
Video Card : Asus STRIX-GTX1070 8 Go
Xplane 11 - No other plug-in

What's wrong

xplane11Weather-2.jpg

skyMaxExternalView-5000ft.jpg

skyMaxInternalView-5000ft.jpg

skyMaxParameters.jpg

xplane11Weather-1.jpg

"Broken" is defined in the METAR spec as more than 50% sky coverage - so that can still leave a lot of blue sky visible. With cumulus clouds like this, SkyMaxx Pro pays attention to the base altitudes primarily. Individual clouds are grown procedurally, and some will be larger than others - there is no fixed ceiling with these types of clouds in nature.

I think you'd get results closer to what you want by selecting overcast cumulus or stratus. For those cloud types, we do simulate a more rigid ceiling height.

• Upvote 1