DC-3 LES cockpit much too dark

Hi,

Yesterday I've bought the Douglas DC-3 for X-Plane developed by Leading Edge simulation. The first thing I have noticed is that the cockpit is much too dark. Apart from the lighting of the main instrument panel, that can be switched on fortunately, all the other knobs and levers to operate stay practically completely in the dark, for instance:

- the 3 knobs that control the ailerons, rudder and elevator of the Sperry Autopilot are hardly visible

- the throttle levers on the throttle console stay in the dark; that is also the case with the rudder and aileron trim wheels and the parking brake and tail wheel lock, in other words hardly to operate

- the Dome light is not visible

- the worst by far are the overhead left and right electrical panels: the knobs are practically invisible.

So I question myself, how on earth can one operate this airplane? This stands very much in contrast with FSX. If I knew this before I had not bought this plane for $ 39.95! So I'm very disappointed...unless someone has a solution? 

A second remark is that the plane comes with different fuselages (Buffalo, Cathay, Duggy, Iceland air, Rosinenbomber and SwedAir). When I select Aircraft in X-plane, the menu only shows a DC-3 (Floats) and e DC-3 (Wheels). How can I select one of the different fuselages to fly?

Anxious to hear from you.

Also check your brightness.  4.0 for gamma level seems a bit too high.  Mine is set to 2.2 and I see what is in the screenshot.

If it's so dark on your end, that you can't see areas of the panel, I'd check the monitor brightness as well.
screenshot_17.png

Most people I know, who fly X-Plane, including myself, have their monitor brightness set to 95% or higher.  That might be just personal preference.  I'll discuss with Cameron and see if I can make a brighter texture to make it not so dark.  There is an update coming out for XP11, which is full PBR.  If you plan on staying with XP10, like I said, I'll see what I can do.  

I would appreciate your efforts in making a brighter texture very much if possible. Thanks already in advance! The plane itself has a beautiful engine sound and she flies very smooth, that's why the dark cockpit environment is a pity.

Edited by Douglas49

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bob Denny, I don't know what you mean by "see the sticky"? Where do I have to look for?

In the meanwhile I've found and picked up the thread of Goran, installed the zip file and now the instruments are much more visible. Wonderful,. Goran_M did a good job! Thank's for that.

Edited by Douglas49