pacificap

MU-2 Upgrade for X-11

48 posts in this topic

Tom, Re hurricane Harvey; you and your loved ones take good care and stay safe.

I feel for you sir, I hope you and your family are well.  Living in North Texas in the past I am no stranger to tragedies, and currently living in Southern California the same can be said to a degree when they happen.  I want to say thank you again for clearing up the matter regarding the turn coordinator.  It is very much appreciated.  Looking forward to the update, and while I'm waiting, I've been enjoying the EV 55 to get my high wing fix. 

Cheers

Dion Markgraf
AKA: Dionsol
Flight Simulation (X-Plane 11 Pilot) & Aviation Enthusiast

Hi

Me too am addicted to the MU-2 since I "discovered" that it existed some time in the 70's, and it is almost the only sim plane I pilot. And, as lots of other X- plane pilots here, I eagerly wait for a X-plane 11 version.

1) As for the brake problems RWY36R  mention in this forum, I also have brakes that does not work,- actually the pedals do not move at all. I tried to reinstall the MU-2, added latest updates, assigned different keys and joy stick buttons but no brakes. Well, the present version is made for X-plane 10 anyway, and not the 11, so should be no big surprise.

Just want to mention a few other things that become wrong while trying to operate it with X-plane 11, at least on my Acer Predator. (Full of anything possible as for power and memory as I actually bought it mainly to be able to use X-plane set at max everything effortlessly. To use it for training as real as it gets on a PC based flight sim).

2) When starting the engines, the EGT needles go all the way and peak 1000 degrees, while they act as they should according to MU-2's flight manual when starting in X-plane 10.

3) As Fab10  mention too, another annoying thing is that there is no normal way to get % of torque bellow 38  / speed down below 200 knots. Only way I know to make the speed come down when piloting the MU-2 in X-plane11, is to extend landing gear at 200 knots which is above VLE of 175 knots for the MU-2B 60. (The maximum speed at which the aircraft can be flown safely with the landing gear extended).  Then follow up with 5 degrees of flap extension as soon as speed permits it. And so on. But there is no way torque gets below 38%. Should be round 20 % when power levels are pulled back.

Apart from these issues, the MU-2 seemingly works perfect with the X-plane 11.

Slowing down taxi speed by moving power levers into slightly Beta is even recommended in the real world MU-2's operation manual (Ref. mjrhealth ).

4) And it would be just so wonderful if the few controls / buttons which is not simulated in the present version, also would come to life. If so, an already amazing X- plane aircraft would be really breath taking ! :)

Mr tkyler, the pictures you have uploaded above here looks just so, so good. Seems one can just reach out the hand and fingers and actually operate the buttons just like in real !

I'll do my best to wait patiently for the day it will be possible to buy and download your MU-2.  I enclose two images from my MU-2 /  X-plane 10 flying.

All the best to you and all the other MU-2 pilots here,- be it in the real world, cyber space or both.

Harald Eide

Island of Stord

Norway

mu2.jpg

Edited by Harald Eide

Dear tkyler,

This was my preferred plane in XP10, but it was a pity being obliged to reboot into Windows in order to use it. I would be grateful if you could consider Linux users too for this new version (although I know you were mostly restricted by 3rd party code).

Oscar

Edited by Oscar Pilote

Dear tkyler,

This was my preferred plane in XP10, but it was a pity being obliged to reboot into Windows in order to use it. I would be grateful if you could consider Linux users too for this new version (although I know you were mostly restricted by 3rd party code).

Oscar

We have not changed anything about our stance on support for Linux. Sorry.

Dear Cameron,
I am not sure who you include in the "We", in addition to X-Aviation, but I am sure my suggestion was addressed to Tom Kyler, as a plane developer. Thank you. 

Dear Cameron,

I am not sure who you include in the "We", in addition to X-Aviation, but I am sure my suggestion was addressed to Tom Kyler, as a plane developer. Thank you. 

As the exclusive distributor of this aircraft and the others in X-Aviation, and the one who actually makes this decision, my answer stands.

It will not be supported in Linux, and the "we" includes X-Aviation and its signed developers, including my good friend Tom Kyler.

Exclusive friendship, I see. All the best !

Nice to see you're still capable of acting like a kid in diapers. :)

On 10/3/2017 at 6:27 AM, Oscar Pilote said:

Exclusive friendship, I see. All the best !

Oh geez ... Oscar Pilote, I really don't understand what you think you accomplish by this type of goading? Totally unwarranted and inappropriate given the reasonable replies you received.
Reasons for the stance on Linux has been reasonably argued in the past, you can be unhappy about it but it's not a negotiable position for the customer, but what REALLY ticks me off about this is I'm likely to run across comments on other sites moaning about how unreasonable the X-Aviation store is. It's their store, their policy and their choice ... it's their business decision. 

5 hours ago, pryoski said:

It's their store, their policy and their choice ... it's their business decision.

I agree with this, but there was not my point. Again my message was addressed to tkyler only, and it was not really a question. Mr Cameron jumped in and replied as if tkyler was under life-long contract with him, hence my little goading about exclusive friendship. 

Now regarding the other subject which you brought : X-Aviation practices and customer "moaning" (some call that customer power). Not supporting Linux is a perfectly meaningful policy. Not mentioning it clearly on the webshop (as it used to be a few years ago) when the target flight simulator is, is not reasonable, to say the least (every one knows in such situations not all cheated customers will ask a refund, especially when they barely speak English).  I wrote that privately to Cameron last time I visited the shop a year ago or so, and his reply was something like "it is technically complicated to do". I think that explains it all.  

You may still not agree, but at least you know why I thought it was appropriate.    

32 minutes ago, Oscar Pilote said:

I agree with this, but there was not my point. Again my message was addressed to tkyler only, and it was not really a question. Mr Cameron jumped in and replied as if tkyler was under life-long contract with him, hence my little goading about exclusive friendship. 

Now regarding the other subject which you brought : X-Aviation practices and customer "moaning" (some call that customer power). Not supporting Linux is a perfectly meaningful policy. Not mentioning it clearly on the webshop (as it used to be a few years ago) when the target flight simulator is, is not reasonable, to say the least (every one knows in such situations not all cheated customers will ask a refund, especially when they barely speak English).  I wrote that privately to Cameron last time I visited the shop a year ago or so, and his reply was something like "it is technically complicated to do". I think that explains it all.  

You may still not agree, but at least you know why I thought it was appropriate.    

In the last six months of unofficially offering a Linux  plugin I have seen about 10 people attempt to activate their installed product.

X-Aviation remains uninterested in offering commercial support for Linux because the customer count is so low relative to the can of worms that support is.

I'm finding it very very difficult to justify any continued support given the extremely low levels of uptake for what are highly regarded products. (IXEG, Saab....)

Edited by Ben Russell
Clarification.

54 minutes ago, Oscar Pilote said:

No problem once more, but WRITE it clearly (if at all) on the product page, or it is a problem.

LOL now you're just being sanctimonious ... 

LOL now you're just being sanctimonious ... 

No kidding, right? Talk about a complete shift in context!

4 hours ago, Oscar Pilote said:

Bold emphasis added.

Adding a product compatability matrix so we can turn "Linux" on/off for a very small number of products in the entire catalog for a literal handful (10) of customers IS a waste of technical resources and time.

Your assertion that there is any significant number of people being "cheated" is utterly laughable.

10 people. Six months. Award winning, class leading, products on offer. 10 people risked and were rewarded in six months. There is no invisible Linux crowd. Period.

You might not agree. You might not like it. We're the ones left paying the bill so you don't get much of a choice and now you know why it's entirely appropriate and justified.

Now please... You've had your turn. Move along.

Any word on a release date for this fine 'updated' bird? Screen caps look killer and with tk's enhanced system's depth, should be a great seller for the XP11 crowd! Waiting patiently . . .

Edited by tgw

I  have not heard a word yet.  I'm eagerly awaiting for it as well.  But I am not tripping, because while I'm waiting for the MU2, I became the beta tester for the EV 55 where available. Which is a nice high wing turboprop substitute while were waiting for Tom's, X-Plane 11 compatibility patch.  Over on our side of things the EV 55 version 1.2 "hopefully" we'll be ready for prime time by the end of the month. The features that Augustus Delineations has added to his bird makes it very nice compelling aircraft why we're waiting for the MU2.  So if you are a high wing fan which I'm assuming you are, recommend the aircraft and give it a shot.  And be like me and have both aircraft in high wing flying goodness.  "So it is good to be a high wing pilot"
Cheers
Dion
AKA: Dionsol
Youtube:dionm01

I think we're close. The beta testers noted a couple of issues and Tom is fixing those prior to release.

Right On!  Looking forward to this!!!!  My Moo hangar has grown cold in v11 . . .   Pricing?

Thanks for the rapid reply!

Hi Cameron and Tom...

Nice to know the MU-2 is undergoing updates...

It would be nice seeing the product updated and having its tailcone nav and strobe lights correctly in place...
Please, refer to my post dated Jun 14'2016, for some reason there was no final answer or fix about the tailcone lights issue.

Thank you very much in advance,
Kind regards,
Carlos

just found this one, had one in P3D and it was woeful, can't wait for you to get a XP11 version out, looks so good.....

On domenica 8 ottobre 2017 at 0:32 AM, Cameron said:

I think we're close. The beta testers noted a couple of issues and Tom is fixing those prior to release.

Hi all,

I've just joined this forum and I'd say to developers: please, please give us this beauty as soon as possible! :wub: