pacificap

MU-2 Upgrade for X-11

13 posts in this topic

Will this product be updated any time soon for X-Plane 11? If I buy the product now can I expect a update in the future for free or most likely paid?

It will ultimately be updated for 11, but it's not actively being worked on in this very moment. I also do not know whether this will be free or paid, but every update thus far on this product since even X-Plane 9 has been free to date.

I am not aware of any incompatibly with XP 11 at this time.

One thing for sure is that the Moo will be "developed" for XP11, but the V11 version won't be just a compatibility update of the existing version.   The MU2 has been updated for free for over 8 years running and its a bit long of tooth.  I am looking to do a 2.0 for V11 that is quite comprehensive, leveraging my experience and code from the IXEG project, i.e 3D sound, more accurate and detailed 3d, lighting, deeper systems, etc.  The 3D çleanup is already underway.

That being said, I know that the Laminar team work very hard to make sure products don't become broken between versions..within reason, so while there were some incompatibilities during the beta run, they may have been solved in later beta releases.  Now that XP11 is past the beta, I will take a look at the performance and fix whatever I can for compatibility of the existing version until a replacement comes out.  The replacement 2.0 will be a paid update.

-tkyler

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 11.09.21 AM.png

Edited by tkyler

Great news, I'm looking forward to the short term compatibility update just to get the MU-2 back into the air, but mostly I'm excited by thoughts of the revised paid update. Count me in!

The MU-2 is too good to hangar for too long!

Many thanks,

Fabio

Works fine in 11, just overpowered in taxi, need it in revese with half thorttle to stop it running away.

11 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Works fine in 11, just overpowered in taxi, need it in revese with half thorttle to stop it running away.

I found it impossible to keep speed down whilst in the air (and on the ground too).

Has there been an update?

On 2017-4-23 at 5:13 PM, tkyler said:

One thing for sure is that the Moo will be "developed" for XP11, but the V11 version won't be just a compatibility update of the existing version.   The MU2 has been updated for free for over 8 years running and its a bit long of tooth.  I am looking to do a 2.0 for V11 that is quite comprehensive, leveraging my experience and code from the IXEG project, i.e 3D sound, more accurate and detailed 3d, lighting, deeper systems, etc.  The 3D çleanup is already underway.

That being said, I know that the Laminar team work very hard to make sure products don't become broken between versions..within reason, so while there were some incompatibilities during the beta run, they may have been solved in later beta releases.  Now that XP11 is past the beta, I will take a look at the performance and fix whatever I can for compatibility of the existing version until a replacement comes out.  The replacement 2.0 will be a paid update.

-tkyler

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 11.09.21 AM.png

Nice news..  you will add compability to Realityxp GTN or GNS on v2?

I did manage to get quite a bit of time today working on the Moo in V11.   I think I got everything under control and threw in a few texture effects.  The nacelles are now 'true mirrors" as opposed to baked on...and the yoke is a bit shinier.  I'm going to let a few people test it out to see if things work OK.  I did make an adjustment to the brake code also...hopefully it'll be a bit more consistent. when the testers give me the all clear, we'll get it out for V11 compatibility.

-tkyler

Moo2.png

Moo1.png

Very awesome, please let me know if you need any help in test the aircraft.  I notice in the first picture as well, that it looks like the turn coordinator is still not working in the context of a white background with a black ball like it used to be. So we as pilots can do a coordinated turn as reference.  Hopefully when you have time, it would be awesome if that could be fixed as well.( Sorry don't mean to sound pushy).  Also really liking the gray background color of the dash and the tan and black trim for the dashboard.  That looks really good to.  I remember back in the day, I used to have that dashboard and since then I have lost in overtime and now I have the grungy black one as the main dashboard color and highlights.  Looking forward to the aircraft, and again please let me know if you need users such as myself to take it out for a spin.
Cheers
Dion Markgraf
AKA: Dionsol

Hey Dion....I removed the "lens" for the turn coordinator so you can see the ball, though the guiding lines are not there anymore.  The lighting model has changed significantly enough that I can't fix it with the current paradigm of the Mu2, which is rooted in V8 tech...BUT you can at least see the ball now.  Of course the pure V11 2.0 will rectify all that business.

V11 is fancy enough that there will be some visual compromises is getting this one "compatible"...some parts that are shiny that shouldn't be...mostly exterior stuff.  But I figure better to be able to operate it in V11 in the mean time.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler

Thank you sir, you are awesome.  Yeah, that's been a nagging bug to me since the update from I believe 1.5 or so going forward.  It was real convenient to have that there as you originally intended for coordinated turns and such.  This kind of behavior will become more important because when carrying passengers in SimBuddy VA, the sensitivity of bank angles becomes very important to keep the passengers happy.
I'm working with the SimBuddy developer Georgio, and we're trying to come up with a MMO style type addon for his SimBuddy Network to have purpose in our flights when carrying passengers and cargo.  I am working with him to bring the MMO side of things to flight simulation were as we would have missions to do and turning them in for rewards, achievements and overall making money for the airline.  This is a standalone web based product that caters to all flight simulation platforms.  We are in our infancy and we have a very long way to go, so don't expect it to be like World Of Warcraft or any other type of MMO, anytime soon.  And I should say, really it's him doing all the work and all I'm doing, is providing consulting along with beta testing and other activities to make his product sound and solid, and most importantly, fun thing to add to flight simulation experience as a whole.  So aircraft with bank angle restrictions options, will become a very welcome addition to developers aircraft to help the pilot control the aircraft more efficiently to keep passengers happy.  Anyway I'm boreing you enough on that. Thanks again for all the work you do with the MU2.  And it is definitely in the profile of airplanes to purchase for anyone's VA on the SimBuddy Network.
Cheers
Dion Markgraf
AKA:  Dionsol