Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
danhenri

Downloading Weather

Recommended Posts

Hello,

In XP11, Weather conditions don't refresh automatically. I selected the mode "match real world conditions" and "automatic" in RWC (same settings as in XP10). Is there an issue with Real Weather Connector ? Or have I to change something in RWC settings ?

Thanks for your help,

 

Daniel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you leave the RWC setting "never change visible weather" on, then the clouds will not change in your immediate area if new weather is downloaded. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I left this setting indeed, but what I mean is that in x-plane 11, no new weather is downloaded, whatever the time selected (15, 30... minutes). I have to refresh the weather conditions manually in XP menu. I saw on x-plane.org that other guys had this issue, but I didn't see the means to solve it.

Thank you for your answer,

 

Daniel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, that I don't know. That's an X-Plane issue if anything; Real Weather Connector doesn't do anything to how X-Plane downloads its own weather data.

You could however set RWC to "always" mode as a partial solution - that way, at least the cloud conditions will be updated over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, danhenri said:

I left this setting indeed, but what I mean is that in x-plane 11, no new weather is downloaded, whatever the time selected (15, 30... minutes). I have to refresh the weather conditions manually in XP menu. I saw on x-plane.org that other guys had this issue, but I didn't see the means to solve it.

Thank you for your answer,

 

Daniel.

Please report the bug to Laminar; I've already filed this bug but I think it is useful that it is observed in various systems.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WickedClown said:

I have the same problem anyone found a Solution yet? 

There are a couple of different problems described in this thread. If you're not seeing weather change around you instantaneously when new conditions are downloaded, and you want that, make sure "never change visible weather" is not selected in the RWC configuration. If you find the X-Plane is not downloading new conditions as you fly at all, set RWC to "always" mode to ensure it downloads weather data on its own. Or do both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WickedClown said:

It was the second you described. 

Do i have to disable X-Planes automatic weather download (Set it to manual) when i use Always in RWC? 

I would leave it enabled, so updated wind conditions etc. will be applied. RWC only affects the representation of clouds in SMP, nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sundog said:

I would leave it enabled, so updated wind conditions etc. will be applied. RWC only affects the representation of clouds in SMP, nothing more.

The problem is X-Plane 11 is kinda bugged atm its not downloading automatically and BUg reports already exist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WickedClown said:

The problem is X-Plane 11 is kinda bugged atm its not downloading automatically and BUg reports already exist. 

Yes, I'm just saying given the choice I'd leave it on, for if and when it's fixed. It won't conflict with RWC either way.

Edited by sundog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×