Official in-sim previews!

Cameron

Hi, All,

As we near closer to the Saab 340 release, it's time to do the traditional in-sim shot series.

We are very excited about this upcoming release, as it boasts some fun programming, great texture work, and awesome 3D!

Not much to say here other than letting the shots speak for themselves. We will continually update this topic as new progression continues, so keep checking back!

Please note: All images depicted here are of a work in progress product. The purpose of this thread is to show you progress as we go along. We are aware of any blatant anomalies you may see!

Enjoy! ;)

P.S. For those curious, the scenery shown is the upcoming RealScenery Enhanced: Reno package.

Saab1.jpg

Saab2.jpg

Saab3.jpg

Saab4.jpg

Looking great! Just curious though, why the 340A and not the more powerful 340B?

The 340B, although something I would have loved to make first off, has an FMC.  The FMC would take at least several months to code on its own.  Not to mention tying it in to all the systems.

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) Javier Cortez's UFMC was 2 years in development.  We also thought the A would have been the logical choice and then make the B afterwards.  Although the B will not be worked on until after the 747 series. 

• 3 weeks later...

In case you haven't seen this article Indi. Interesting read.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/robots/4343054

excerpt

Unless, of course, it doesn't really exist. Despite its fame, or because of it, the uncanny valley is one of the most misunderstood and untested theories in robotics. While researching this month's cover story ("Can Robots Be Trusted?" on stands now) about the challenges facing those who design social robots, we expected to spend weeks sifting through an exhaustive supply of data related to the uncanny valley—data that anchors the pervasive, but only loosely quantified sense of dread associated with robots. Instead, we found a theory in disarray. The uncanny valley is both surprisingly complex and, as a shorthand for anything related to robots, nearly useless.

I'm glad the SAAB is nearing release, It's been a long time coming but with the R and D on the dutchess and the sundowner I'm sure it will be even better than if it came out a year ago.

If you saw the old Saab cockpit screenshots, I think they would shock you.  Theo refuses to look at them.

It's testament to how much faith Cameron had in us as developers to criticize our own work and to make something that people would be happy to spend money on.

I think it'll make a good New Year surprise. Thanks for your hard work guys.

You're welcome.  Just enjoy it when it's done.